Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

This is My Book! by Mark Pett

This is My Book! (edition 2016)

by Mark Pett (Author)

A hilarious and playful romp about making books, perfect for fans of Press Here and The Book with No Pictures.   What happens when a writer learns that he doesn't quite have as much control over his book as he thinks? When Mark Pett's characters, led by a panda bear named Spike, take over his book and begin telling a story of their own, pandemonium ensues! Who's really in charge of this book?   With clever interactive elements, including a pull tab, flap, and pop-up, This Is My Book is sure to appeal to a large and varied audience--kids who will identify with the "my" aspect of the book and adults who will appreciate the humor.… (more)
Member:Emmerie
Title:This is My Book!
Authors:Mark Pett (Author)
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2016), 40 pages

This is My Book! by Mark Pett

The author and his created character engage in a very humorous debate about who is in charge of "this book." As they debate the point, they disclose much information about books to young readers. This is a fun read-aloud, and a great introduction to books for young children.
  wichitafriendsschool | Jun 24, 2020 |
A humorous book about an author who likes things to go exactly his way and always be in control, but a comical little panda has other ideas. The more the writer attempts to control things, the more things spiral out of his control. As an adult, I laughed out loud while reading this. A wonderful message about creativity and trying new things, and even when things don't go your way, they can still be wonderful. At the end of the book there is a little pocket that contains a smaller book titled "This is your book" and is complete with blank pages. The obvious encouragement for children to write their own story, silly or otherwise. ( )
  JSkoros | Jan 17, 2019 |
5 stars
  kaetlynsandoval | Nov 6, 2018 |
Ownership comes into a great play and not being able to distinguish other voices in a story has a great affect on them as well. ( )
  drummerboy1898 | Sep 19, 2018 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is about an author who is very proud of his book and begins to show you around on the inside. The author speaks about the clean white pages, the ability to create anything, and how he is in charge. However that begins to change as he draws one character who draws other characters who cause a bit of a mayhem for the author. It was a very creative idea for a book as i've never read anything quite like it. The illustrations were very eye-catching and the author integrated pop-ups as well which was great. ( )
  bhammant | Sep 3, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,709,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible