The Black Rose by Thomas B Costain

The Black Rose (1945)

by Thomas B Costain

Recently added bySteven-Dierks, private library, Tawan, nyvmark, toedebw, micanopyan, DWalterLib
Legacy LibrariesCarl Sandburg

Despite all favorable reviews, I didn't really enjoy so much this romantic novel written by Thomas Costain.

The characters didn't are so interesting and the plot didn't keep my full attention while reading this book.

Lnatal | Mar 31, 2013 |
historical novel about journey from Britain to China in the 1200s ( )
  antiquary | Aug 4, 2011 |
To Dora
It was growing late, and still there was no sign of Engaine.

Walter of Gurnie, bastard son of an English peer, is forced to flee from Oxford for his part in the university riots of 1273. Inspired by Friar Bacon, he determines to travel to China.
With his friend Tristam, he fights his way to the heart of the fabulous Mongol Empire, and returns famous, to find that he must choose between the first love he thought lost and the exotic flower that he found in the East.

"Solid in its facts, colorful and romantic...a rich and remarkable historical tapestry." (Christian Science Monitor)

5 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,716,669 books! | Top bar: Always visible