Dark Dreams and Dead Things (Dark Things)…

Dark Dreams and Dead Things (Dark Things) (Volume 2)

by Martina McAtee

721,138,814 (4.5)None

No tags.

I want to cry. I want to laugh. Jump up and down. Scream. This book was a roller coaster ride just like the first one. And I enjoyed it from start to finish. I need the next one. Its amazing how special all these characters have become to me. Even the new ones. I loved the back story we got from Mace. He was my favorite character last book and to know all that he has suffered breaks my heart. And makes me want to hold him close. Ember really annoyed me at times but it was really nice to see her progress some more and I hope to see some more of that growth she showed towards the end, next book. Tristan is another character that sometimes I just did not like but really started to grow on me. Kai and Rhys will forever be my OTP. I love them and want to keep them safe and sheltered! lol. Quin, I feel soo bad for him.

An amazing sequel. The twists and turns. The way some things tied up and made sense. The set up for next book. All the supernatural craziness going on. I really cant wait for the next one. This one did not disappoint at all. It met all my expectations and more.

(sorry if i ramble and I'm all over the place. Just finished it. And needed to say some of this lol. Will write a more thought out review later on) ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
I have been eagerly anticipating the second book in the Dead Things series, Dark Dreams and Dead Things by Martina McAtee, even since I read the first book, Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things. The covers are so amazingly creative, I would grab the book for that reason alone.

Dark Dream and Dead Things by Marina McAtee picks up where Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things left off in this dark magical world.

The prophecy is yet to be fulfilled by the Triad, Ember, Tristan and Kai. The teenagers can barely control their powers, yet they jump in with both feet. It’s not like they have a choice.

There is humor in their dark world. For example, Kai is helping Ember dress and talking about her boobs…the writing cracked me up. Kai and Rhys, with the baby werewolf, is hilarious and sweet. Another example of the fun writing:

If Rhys had to carry her to the car, he didn’t want her waking up and chewing on his boyfriend like a squeaky toy.

Witches, wolves, fae, a one-eyed dog and a resurrected cat all live and love in the same home. The danger surrounds them and it is hard to know who to trust. Who will live and who will die?

A very deep and dark look into the paranormal and supernatural world. The characters also struggle with real world issues, like love and getting through the teenage years.

I felt like I stepped into an episode of Supernatural.

The story is not over and the series needs to be read in order to get the full picture.

I received a copy of Dark Dreams and Dead Things by Martina McAtee in return for an honest review. ( )
  sherry69 | Jul 26, 2016 |

Martina McAtee is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,112,830 books! | Top bar: Always visible