The Girl on the Train [2016 film] by Tate…

The Girl on the Train [2016 film]

by Tate Taylor (Director), Erin Cressida Wilson (Screenwriter)

Other authors: Haley Bennett (Actor), Emily Blunt (Actor), Luke Evans (Actor), Rebecca Ferguson (Actor), Paula Hawkins (Original book)2 more, Allison Janey (Actor), Lisa Kudrow (Actor)

Quite an engaging read, although to be honest I might not have liked this book as much as I did if I hadn't listened to it on audiobook. The three readers simply did a fantastic job!
In any case, I liked the story, but I think less due to the mystery aspect - which was kind of banal - and more because of the character portrayal, which I found intriguing. They were all such unlikeable characters - or rather, they had all committed some horrible deeds, or had horrible thoughts, and yet I found that I could relate to each one of them in some way or another, or at least understand their motives. ( )
  UDT | May 1, 2018 |
OK. As I had read the book and knew the plot it's hard to evaluate this film from that perspective. Far too much unnecessary sex and nudity portrayed when just a hint would have done. Average film. ( )
  infjsarah | Apr 2, 2018 |
Had me guessing right up until the very end. I like Gone Girl and loved the similar read. Lots of twists and turns. ( )
  Parlow | Jul 22, 2015 |

Ferguson, RebeccaActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hawkins, PaulaOriginal booksecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Janey, AllisonActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kudrow, LisaActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Documentary filmmaker Danny Hart boards a train heading to upstate New York to interview the subjects of his latest project. A chance encounter with a mysterious young woman leads him on a journey of a very different sort, and Hart is forced to leave his complacent life behind for a world in which the line between fantasy and reality is blurred. As Hart tells his story to Detective Martin, he finds himself being questioned as Martin tries to figure out if Hart is the victim or the suspect.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,855,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible