The Lost Woman by Sara Blaedel

The Lost Woman

by Sara Blaedel

I have with this one read the last three books in this series, which means that six unread books to read. And, that's a comforting thought because I really like this series. So far, has not a single book disappointed me and the thing with The Lost Woman that I really enjoyed were that and old case could finally be closed. A very personal case for Eik, Louise Rick lover, and police colleague. Several years ago did Eik's girlfriend disappear and now she has been found. Well, the English police found out her real identity first after she had been murdered...

I liked the case, I like how it turned upside down Louise life, well that sounds cruel. However, in a way, this is what Eik needed a closer to something that's been on his mind for almost twenty years. The question is will their relationship survive this? And, who and why killed Sofie Parker? There are a lot of twist and turns, especially problematic is it for Louise who has to deal with a lover that doesn't tell her about the murder instead gets a call from England that Eik is there, and he's been arrested because he is drunk and has caused some trouble. Now she has to travel to England and confront him about not telling her about Sofie. This would be hard enough if he was just her colleague, but as they are lovers is this cause turning out to be very personal.

The Lost Woman is an interesting book, there are flashbacks back to Sofie's life in Denmark, which makes one understand why she ended up in England. The murder of Sofie is also just the start, soon more people will fall victim to a killer, and Louise has to work out to find out what the connection is to Sofie. The book is thrilling and engaging to read and I'm looking forward to reading the ones I have not yet read!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
The beginning was very strong and intriguing, just like her previous books. Toward the middle, I started becoming less and less interested and stopped reading. Only when I realized that the book would be due soon, I started to read again. It got really good. I don't know why I didn't trust Blaedel this time because she always delivers. ( )
  MadelynJackson | Jun 6, 2017 |
Louise Rick is busy with her work in the Search Department in Copenhagen, Denmark. She has recently moved in with her lover, Eik Nordstrøm. One routine day, Eik goes missing. Sofie and the people in her department can't find him anywhere. Finally, he is located in jail in England. Sofie Parker, a former Danish citizen and Eik's long-ago missing girlfriend, is found murdered, shot at her kitchen window with a rifle. Irritated that Eik would drop everything for a woman who has been missing nearly two decades, Louise is sent to England to fetch him.

The English police seem to think Eik is responsible for the murder, but Louise and her colleagues feel otherwise. She soon discovers a web of Swiss money transactions and a home hospice service that seems to be connected. As Louise delves deeper into the murder, with the help of her journalist friend Camilla, they begin to track the killer. But can they find the killer before it is too late?

This is the first book I've read in this series though there are several before it. However, it stood alone well as a novel on its own. If you like fast-paced Scandavian crime stories, you will enjoy this book. ( )
  cln1812 | May 3, 2017 |
THE LOST WOMAN BY SARA BLAEDEL is the second of her books that I have read. I read THE FORGOTTEN GIRLS and loved it, but this one I'm kinda on the fence on it. I liked it because it kept my attention throughout the book wondering who killed the poor woman (or is she?) in her kitchen and I did not like it because it just jumping back and forth between plots and characters that I got a little lost along the way and had to go back and figure out who is who and why they are. I think if it was a little less jumpy and more flowing it would have been a five star for me.

I received this book free from goodreads in exchange for a review. ( )
  DDJTJ1 | Mar 29, 2017 |
I got this book from the library as part of a "Blind Date with a Book" event for Valentine's Day. Fun concept of picking a book wrapped in brown paper with just the genre listed on it. I don't know if i would have picked this book up otherwise.

This is the 2nd in a series and while it not totally necessary to read the first book, the reader does lose a little bit of the back story with the main characters. The biggest issue I had with this book was the translation - it seemed clunky and i had to reread some sentences several times to understand what was being said. The plot was very interesting but the writing just didn't seem to flow as it should have.

The story was a bit dark (not in a murder sort of way but in a thought provoking sort of way) which made the book a longer read that just the number of pages. I think this would be a good discussion book since the topic will garner very different opinions.

If possible, start with the first book in the series and try to get past the translation issues. ( )
  mfbarry | Mar 18, 2017 |

A housewife is the target of a shocking, methodical killing. Shot with a hunting rifle through her kitchen window, the woman is dead before she hits the ground. Though murdered in England, it turns out that the woman, Sofie Parker, is actually a Danish citizen who's been on the Missing Persons list for almost two decades-so Louise Rick is called on to the case. Then, in an unexpected twist, the police discover that Sofie had been reported missing eighteen years ago by none other than Eik, Louise Rick's police colleague and lover. Impulsive as ever, Eik rushes to England, and ends up in jail on suspicion of Sofie's murder. Completely blindsided by Eik's connection to the case, Louise is thoroughly unsettled and sick with worry, yet she must set aside her own emotional turmoil if she hopes to find the killer in what will become her most controversial case yet...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,630,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible