Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo…

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (2004)

by Mo Willems

English (324)  Spanish (1)  All languages (325)
I decided to read this book because I had done Knuffle Bunny as a play when I was in elementary school and I had never known that it was a book. One unique factor that I enjoy about the illustrations is how the background is real life photos and the characters are draw sketches. The characters stand out on the page so much, so the reader can not help but notice all of the details in the book. I am happy I read this book, and it was so much like the play that we did that I really want to read the other 2 books in the series. ( )
  oleger | Apr 25, 2019 |
Knuffle bunny is written by the author Mo Willems which the author of Gerald the elephant and Piggy! This book is very sweet and children can relate to the story when a young girl loses her "lovy". (stuffed animal). The illustrations of the book are very unique where they used real pictures of the street, houses and they used the cartoon characters in the scene. The book helps with social emotional skills with children and how they feel when they are young and it's hard for the adults to understand them. I would recommend this book for very young children 1-5. ( )
  vanesis579 | Apr 18, 2019 |
Trixie has a true treasure, her bunny named Knuffle Bunny. Knuffle Bunny gets lost at the laundromat and she is not happy until she is found...enjoy.
  CECC9 | Apr 16, 2019 |
This is an incredible book that talks about the child losing an important item (lovy) and the trouble that a parent has to go through understand the child with showing of emotions. This is a book can have an amazing conversation about children's emotions. Recommended for children between 2-5.
  vanelena18 | Apr 2, 2019 |
In Mo Willems "Knuffle Bunny" series, the illustrations are very unique to me because he takes real life background scenes and puts cartoon characters in place. This sets his style as different from the others. In the first tale of Knuffle Bunny, Trixie leaves him in the laundromat laundry machine that she goes to with her dad. This was an intriguing tale because each page has you guessing what's going to happen next. The speech bubbles and emphasis shows lots of personality in each character. I believe that children will love these books by Mo Willems. ( )
  aferrara | Mar 25, 2019 |
This book is dedicated to the real Trixie and her mommy.
Special thanks to Anne and Alessandra;
Noah, Megan, and Edward;
the 358 6th Avenue Laundromat;
and my neighbors in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Not so long ago, before she could even speak words, Trixie went on an errand with her Daddy...

Trixie, Daddy, and Knuffle Bunny take a trip to the neighborhood Laundromat. But the exciting adventure takes a dramatic turn when Trixie realizes somebunny was left behind… Using a combination of muted black-and-white photographs and expressive illustrations, this stunning book tells a brilliantly true-to-life tale about what happens when Daddy's in charge and things go terribly, hilariously wrong.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:31 -0400)

After Trixie and daddy leave the laundromat, something very important turns up missing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,590,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible