Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo…

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (2004)

by Mo Willems

Trixie is a 3 years old baby her only friend so far is her little bunny. One day she and her dad went to wash the clothes, Trixie was so excited, but went they came back at home Trixie discovered she didn´t have her bunny, her dad helped her to find it however, they couldn´t. Trixie started to be so sad; however, her dad remembered Trixie had her bunny when she was putting the clothes in the laundry machine, so they went back to the laundry and they found her bunny. Since then Trixie always takes care of her bunny.
Age: 3-7
Source: Pierce College Library
  octavio1 | May 19, 2015 |
This captivating story unveils the love a father and mother have for their young girl who can not yet speak. When she goes with her father to the Laundromat, she looses her favorite stuffed animal but has no way of communicating it to her father. When the father and daughter arrive home, the mother immediately recognizes what her daughter is missing. The only way of communicating to the father that her favorite animal is missing is by crying and the father fails to realize what is missing. I would read this book to a group of pre-k to first graders because I feel as though they would understand what It means to miss something and the concept of motherly instinct. ( )
  mbabst | May 3, 2015 |
This book is all around great. I could see reading this to a class, but I see it being great fun at home. Oh the trouble that occurs when Daddy is in charge. It makes me think of when my ballet students come to class with crazy messy hair and the excuse "moms out of town... dad did my bun". This is a funny and cute book to share with students or children and it is great for making predictions. I love Mo's method of illustrating in the knufffle bunny books. The combination of photographs and his iconic illustrations is brilliant. Definitely a skill that students could practice themselves. It would be a fun artistic connection to the text to give them each a photo and have them illustrate a character and develop a scenario. ( )
  kitbraddick | Apr 30, 2015 |
This book would be good for reading with expression and predictions. I think students will like this book because of the pictures; they are a combination of sepia photos and ink drawings. Students will also be able to relate to loosing important toys. ( )
  Kate_Schulte078 | Apr 29, 2015 |
Summary: Trixie, a young toddler goes to the laundry mat with her father. She loves the adventure of walking to the laundry mat and putting the coins in the machines. On the way home, however, Trixie starts crying because she's forgotten her most loved possession, Knuffle Bunny. Trixie's dad later finds Knuffle Bunny in the wet laundry.

Personal reflection: I liked this book because everyone has loved childhood possessions that we remember throwing fits about in public places when lost. This book is relatable and funny, but I don't know how relevant it would be in the classroom if not teaching about basic lifetime concepts.

Class use: I would use this book as an example of building character and an open discussion of objects that have shaped us in a way in our lifetimes.
  MelissaKlatt | Apr 27, 2015 |
This book is dedicated to the real Trixie and her mommy.
Special thanks to Anne and Alessandra;
Noah, Megan, and Edward;
the 358 6th Avenue Laundromat;
and my neighbors in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Not so long ago, before she could even speak words, Trixie went on an errand with her Daddy...

Trixie, Daddy, and Knuffle Bunny take a trip to the neighborhood Laundromat. But the exciting adventure takes a dramatic turn when Trixie realizes somebunny was left behind… Using a combination of muted black-and-white photographs and expressive illustrations, this stunning book tells a brilliantly true-to-life tale about what happens when Daddy's in charge and things go terribly, hilariously wrong.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:29 -0400)

After Trixie and daddy leave the laundromat, something very important turns up missing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,175,509 books! | Top bar: Always visible