Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers: Fresh…

Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers: Fresh Ideas for the Weeknight Table

by Moosewood Collective

Recently added byprivate library, Arlenemarie, allende01, wasacrisp, igranados

I am not a vegetarian. That is probably why I can't rate this book any higher. It tried to use corn on the cob as a recipe which I think is ridiculous. And - vegetarian reuben????? ( )
  E.J | Apr 3, 2013 |
This is my favourite Moosewood book. The recipes are less complicated than most Moosewood recipes, which makes them perfect for everyday cooking, or casual entertaining. Highly recommended. ( )
  VivienneR | Apr 15, 2012 |
This book and "Moosewood Cooks at Home" are my favorite Moosewood books by far, because it is understood that after a long day at work, I don't want a long 2nd shift cooking dinner...I'm hungry for some good, healthy food!
The chipotle variation of the tofu dinner on p.65 is so good we've had it once a week for at least 2 months now...and I am not normally a big tofu fan. I've gone weeks just cooking out of this book since I got it for my birthday. Lots of good, simple, quick dishes, and I like the spicing. The custard made with dulce de leche is a dessert favorite. One of the organizational things I like most is that instead of saying, "for menu suggestion, see p. 211," like some books, it will say, "try serving with yellow rice (p. 165) and a green salad with cilanto lime dressing (p. 220). All the parts are so quick, it's easy to come up with a quick total meal if you'd like. ( )
  brekhus | Jun 20, 2006 |
We've only made a few things here but they've all been good. Some of the dishes they advertise as main dishes seem a little light, but they are all tasty.
  CrunchyGranola | Nov 27, 2005 |

Eating the Moosewood Restaurant way every day has never been easier.

Whole grains. Fresh fruits and vegetables. Lean, nutrient-rich fish. We all know the virtues of a well-balanced diet—of choosing foods that nourish our bodies and respect the environment—but as the world around us gets busier and more complicated, we also know how difficult it can be to prepare a wholesome, satisfying supper. With an emphasis on healthful natural foods, Moosewood Restaurant has operated successfully for more than thirty years and has been acclaimed as a driving force in the world of creative vegetarian cuisine. Now the Moosewood Collective goes back to basics with Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers to deliver fresh, imaginative, and quickly prepared dishes for the weeknight table that are also delicious and reliable.

Shortcut Chili. Creamy Lemon Pasta. Warm French Lentil Salad. Pine Nut–Crusted Fish. Mocha Sorbet. From soups and pastas made with just a few pantry essentials to crisp salads, stir-fries, sandwiches, and desserts, these easy-to-prepare recipes are brilliant as is. However, the folks at Moosewood realize that flexibility is the cornerstone of weeknight cooking, so you’ll find clever ingredient substitutions, alternative cooking methods, and serving suggestions alongside the recipes in Simple Suppers—it all depends on what’s in the fridge and what sounds appetizing at the moment. Make extra Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Salad on Monday and toss leftovers with hot pasta for Tuesday’s supper. No onions for Black Beans with Pickled Red Onions? Try the beans over rice with Quick Avocado and Corn Salsa instead. The 175-plus recipes in Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers are as flexible as they are flavorful—the perfect go-to for a quick, healthy meal any day of the week, any time of year.

We crave simple food.
We want cooking at home to be a small pleasure—relaxed enough that we can enjoy the process as well as the results. When we mentioned to friends that we were thinking of doing a book of recipes for simple suppers, inevitably they exclaimed, “That’s the one I need” or “Write that book for me.” The idea of simple suppers strikes a chord within us all. We hope this cookbook will help make suppertime a welcome, peaceful time of your day. —from the Introduction

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:11 -0400)

"We all know the virtues of a well-balanced diet - of choosing foods that nourish our bodies and respect the environment - but as the world around us gets busier and more complicated, we also know how difficult it can be to prepare a wholesome, satisfying supper. With an emphasis on healthful natural foods, Moosewood Restaurant has operated successfully for more than thirty years and has been acclaimed as a driving force in the world of creative vegetarian cuisine. Now the Moosewood Collective goes back to basics with Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers to deliver fresh, imaginative, and quickly prepared dishes for the weeknight table that are also delicious and reliable."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,635,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible