Once and for All by Sarah Dessen

Once and for All

by Sarah Dessen

Thankfully, thankfully I enjoyed Once and for All. I did not like Moon and More or whatever it was called at all. I absolutely loved and consider Saint Anything a favorite. Once and for All was on the high side for me. Not perfect but wonderful just as well. The only things that went through my head that would be negative is how it was never addressed how long Ethan and Louna were together irl which was one day. Unless that was done on purpose. And although Ambrose was perfect in every way he was a little too perfect. Also why is there never the dynamic of the funny girl and cynical guy? Why does the guy always have to be the charming one? But I'm nitpicking now. The characters were such fun to read about together. Ambrose again was perfect. And Louna had a lot to learn. After being eh with my last few books, Once and for All was delightful. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
I've never read a Sarah Dessen book before, but the weddings part (along with characters Ambrose and Louna's relationship) interested me.

I'm glad I picked up this book. I loved reading about the different weddings, learning about Louna's past, enjoying Ambrose's optimistic behavior, and the relationship between them. I really felt as if I was in the story, watching them.

I was even fortunate enough to be able to read the exclusive epilogue from Barnes & Nobles. Any person considering buying the book should get that copy with the epilogue. You'll love it!

A must for fans of contemporary teen romance!!! ( )
  StarlieLC | Jul 4, 2018 |
I LOVE THIS AND THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY! ( )
  LeilahBear | Jul 3, 2018 |
Not sure why I liked this book since I'm not the biggest fan of Sarah Dessen, but there was something about this book that really touched my heart. ( )
  jlydia | Jun 25, 2018 |
I'll be honest, I just didn't love it. I listened to the audiobook and early in I was wishing that I had the ebook version. I even put the ebook on hold at the library hoping I would get it early enough to switch, but I didn't. In addition to the narrator's voice not growing on me, I felt like this story was completely unrealistic and redundant. The time frame of the story is just one summer, but there is a lot of looking back on a previous summer done by the main character, in whose voice this book is written. Even so, there wasn't a lot of mystery for me in what had happened. There were enough clues throughout that I knew what was coming long before it came, and that make the book unenjoyable for me. There was one twist near the end that propelled (a little too quickly in my honest opinion) the conflict into the resolution. I also wasn't a huge fan of the final chapter of the book. It was a fitting way to end the novel, but I felt like it was too anti-climactic. ( )
  BEGivens | Mar 21, 2018 |

As bubbly as champagne and delectable as wedding cake, Once and for All, Sarah Dessen’s thirteenth novel, is set in the world of wedding planning, where crises are routine.

Louna, daughter of famed wedding planner Natalie Barrett, has seen every sort of wedding: on the beach, at historic mansions, in fancy hotels and clubs. Perhaps that’s why she’s cynical about happily-ever-after endings, especially since her own first love ended tragically. When Louna meets charming, happy-go-lucky serial dater Ambrose, she holds him at arm’s length. But Ambrose isn’t about to be discouraged, now that he’s met the one girl he really wants.

Sarah Dessen’s many, many fans will adore her latest, a richly satisfying, enormously entertaining story that has everything—humor, romance, and an ending both happy and imperfect, just like life itself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 03 Oct 2016 20:15:35 -0400)

Louna's years working at her mother's wedding planning business--as well as the tragic end of her first love--have shaped her cynical views on romance, but the arrival of serial-dater Ambrose may start to change Louna's mind and give her a second chance at love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,827,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible