Ren: The Monster Inside the Monster by Sarah…

Ren: The Monster Inside the Monster

by Sarah Noffke

Series: Ren (3)

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byKarenReese, audiobibliophile

No tags.

My original The Monster Inside the Monster audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

This was the final installment in Sarah Noffke's Ren series about my favorite sarcastic and obstinate British anti-hero. There will be spoilers if you have not yet read, or listened to, books 1 or 2, The Man behind the Monster and God's Little Monster, which I would highly recommend as this trilogy is brilliant entertainment (and there is a boxed set now, so all three together for one Audible credit!).

This one starts off right after God's Little Monster and is full to the brim with emotions as Ren struggles to come to term with the fact that not only is he a father but he is about to become a grandfather. His daughter, Adelaide, is so much like Ren it would be scary if it wasn't so hilariously funny, and then there is the monster inside the monster, a screaming baby boy, who is causing havoc with Adelaide's emotions and is bringing out the most altruistic version of Ren we have ever seen. On the work front, Ren makes some rather unconventional decisions in order to defeat Vivian and save humanity. How his girlfriend Dahlia puts up with him I really don't know, the woman must be a saint.

This was a bittersweet ending as it was the last part of Ren's story and I have completely fallen in love with these characters, above all Ren. I hope there will be more of him and his family in the future. I always tell myself I am going to savor these slowly, but then I end up listening to the entire story in one go. Every time.

The narration by Tim Campbell was faultless in my opinion. Tim is Ren. He perfectly embodies Ren's persona and lends him just the right mocking and tenacious voice to bring Ren truly to life. There were no issues with the production.

Overall, a fantastic mix of humor, action, emotions, and intrigue within a paranormal fantasy setting.

Audiobook was provided for review by the author. ( )
  audiobibliophile | Sep 28, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,248,431 books! | Top bar: Always visible