On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins

On Second Thought (2017)

by Kristan Higgins

1049170,031 (4)5

This was my first Kristan Higgins book and now I'm on the hunt for more! I absolutely loved this book! The relationship between the sisters was so perfectly done. I enjoyed every minute of it. I felt like Kate was closest to who I am now and Ainsley is someone I hope to one day become. Excellent book. There were a few times when I thought, "Please don't take this story line where I think you're going to take it." and then SURPRISE! Kristan didn't. The more I read, the more I didn't want the book to ever end. Some books grab me and I feel like I've personally connected with the characters and this was definitely one of those books. ( )
  Squirrel820 | Nov 21, 2018 |
This book was alright. It did make me laugh in a spot or two, which had me bump the rating up from 2 stars to 3.

Ainsley's character irritated me most of all, I think. She just seemed too happy, too naive. Though there is some nice growth from her toward the end of the book.

Jonathan's character has a strange, Sheldonesque quality to him, which I found difficult to find as endearing as Ainsley ended up feeling.

Daniel the Hot Firefighter was probably the sweetest of all the male characters in the book. His character has a nice evolution from playboy to family man.

I'm not quite sure how I felt about Kate. She seemed needy and detached all at once and quite unsure of herself.

The story itself just felt like lifestyles of the rich and famous filler, mixed in with a tiny bit of soap opera. Readable, but nothing too special.

Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |
Sweet story with surprising depth (although I don't know why I was surprised--Higgins' writing is always GOOD.) ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
I'm pretty sure this book is going to hit with so many feelings! With 10 years separating me from my only sister- this is a book I didn't know I need.
Can't wait to read it!
  YanaKh | Nov 10, 2017 |
Ainsley O'Leary is so ready to get married—she's even found the engagement ring her boyfriend has stashed away. What she doesn't anticipate is for Eric to blindside her with a tactless breakup he chronicles in a blog…which (of course) goes viral. Devastated and humiliated, Ainsley turns to her half sister, Kate, who's already struggling after the sudden loss of her new husband.
Kate has always been so poised, so self-assured, but Nathan's death shatters everything she thought she knew—including her husband—and sometimes the people who step up aren't the ones you expect. With seven years and a murky blended-family dynamic between them, Ainsley and Kate have never been overly close, but their shared sorrow dovetails their faltering worlds into one.
Despite the lifetime of history between them, the sisters must learn to put their differences aside and open their hearts to the inevitable imperfection of family—and the possibility of one day finding love again.
(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 28 Sep 2016

Higgins always has well-developed characters and incorporates humor into her romance novels. This novel is no exception, following two sisters as they navigate the dating scene after each one loses their partner. Another great read from Kristan Higgens. ( )
  lrobe190 | Jul 10, 2017 |

Following in the footsteps of her critically acclaimed novel If You Only Knew, multi-bestselling author Kristan Higgins returns with a pitch-perfect look at the affection—and the acrimony—that binds sisters together

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:39:46 -0400)

Two sisters must learn to put their differences aside and open their hearts to the inevitable imperfection of family--and the possibility of one day finding love again.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,562,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible