WWM1. Wisteria Witches by Angela Pepper

WWM1. Wisteria Witches (edition 2017)

by Angela Pepper (Author)

Member:PitcherBooks
Title:WWM1. Wisteria Witches
Authors:Angela Pepper (Author)
Info:Indie (2017), FREE Kindle, 313 pages
Collections:©'d. Free E-Books, Kindle Editions, Sci-Fi / Fantasy
Tags:SFF, FP, Wisteria Witches 1, Series, Urban Fantasy, Cozy Mystery, Ghosts, Shifters, Humor, Adventure, Romance, ChickLit, 2017, Amzn Free

Wisteria Witches by Angela Pepper

paranormal, librarian, snark-fest, puntastic, witches, shifters, small-town, family-dynamics, cozy-mystery

When Zara and her daughter moved to their new home in Wisteria they had never lived in a small town, didn't really remember Zara's Aunt Z, didn't believe in witches or shifters, and thought it was freaky cool that they both had the same shade of red hair. Things changed. They met Aunt Z, learned that they came from a family of witches (and that they were witches as well), met a wolf shifter, and learned a lot about living in a small town. And that the previous owner of their house had died under suspicious circumstances. The characters are all more than a little zany, and the snarks and puns kept me giggling and carrying on throughout.
Tiffany Williams proved to be a fantastic voice performer with the ability to separate the characters as well as pull off all the fun with the equivalent of a straight face!
I won the audiobook in a giveaway! I really win! ( )
  jetangen4571 | May 17, 2019 |
Funny new witch story! A mother and her teen daughter move to a new town and their first ever own home. It comes with extras though, a ghost who won't leave until they find out who killed her. ( )
  Barbaralois | Oct 25, 2018 |
Wisteria Witches
Wisteria Witches Mysteries, Volume 1
By: Angela Pepper
Narrated by: Tiffany Williams
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
I am a fan of this author's books but this new series is hilarious! There is so much witty banter and clever remarks, I feel I should listen again because I might have missed some! It is such a fun listen! I had a smile on my face most of the time the book was playing. I loved the plot, the crazy characters, and the silly connection between the mother and daughter! An enjoyable witch story with added ghost and shifter and who knows what else in this town... this has wonderful potential for a super series! I am in love with it already!
The narrator was wonderful! Performing comedy isn't easy but she made it seem natural! Perfect narration! So funny! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jul 30, 2018 |
I am on the fence about this book, I purchased because I was looking for a light-hearted read to finish for the month-end, and then I found it difficult to stay in the story and finish.

I kept asking questions, such as, “is this a set up for a series” it would drag me out of the moment because it kept trying to hint at future possibilities and lose the thread of the story

or, “why so much snarky dialogue” I found it very heavy handed in the sarcasm as though a planned list of snarky comebacks was being consulted and a comment was then checked off, it really wasn’t spontaneous and there was way too much!

or, “Am I ever going to be able to finish this”. Fantasy, witches and ghosts are generally fun, easy reads that leave no time for questions.
142 ( )
  Bettesbooks | May 1, 2017 |
The real estate agent didn't say anything about the house coming with a ghost.
'Witches are attuned to the needs of others. We are happiest when helping." She looked at me pointedly. "That's probably what drove you to become a librarian."
Librarians are soldiers in pink cardigans, waging war against ignorance. We get asked more stupid questions than should be legally allowed [...] And yet, we keep showing up day after day, because we know we have the power to save souls. The right book at the right time can save a life, at any age.
A wise man -- Neil Gaiman -- says, "Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one."
One unusual thing in particular was the Grumpy Corner. This was a darkened corner of the staff lounge that was outfitted with beanbag chairs, big pillows, and two space heaters for winter use. Any member of staff could go there to chill at any time, even outside of official breaks, without judgement.

Zara Riddle moved to a small town so her life could be quiet and safe. But now that her witch powers have kicked in, life is anything but. Long-lost relatives are coming out of the woodwork, and it turns out the family tree is riddled with magic.

When a ghost shows up, Zara finds out her Spirit Charmed powers come with a cost. She must solve the woman's murder. Zara teams up with her handsome neighbor, a wolf shifter who's both mysterious and perfect. Maybe too perfect? He did save her life during a vicious attack, but some strange coincidences have Zara second-guessing her alliances.

The town of Wisteria may be quaint on the surface, but danger lurks around every corner. To protect her family, Zara must risk her heart and her life. Forces of good and evil will face off in a battle where one side has a secret advantage.

One thing's for sure. Zara Riddle is keeping these new powers, blue lightning balls and all.

Once you go witch, you never switch. [retrieved 12/9/17 from Amazon.com]

"Zara Riddle moves to the town of Wisteria for a dream job as a librarian. She hasn't even unpacked her moving boxes when she and her teen daughter, Zoey, are swept up in a murder mystery. With all the ghosts and supernatural creatures around (Including a real hunk of a wolf shifter! Meow!) it's a good thing the Riddle women are tougher than they look. Now, if only they could handle their new witch powers as well as they've mastered their sarcastic wit!"… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,722,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible