The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel…

The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1) (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

6,346221910 (3.94)157
Member:CTAATGT
Title:The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2007), Paperback, 464 pages
Rating:*

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

English (220)  Italian (1)  All languages (221)
This book was awesome and was full of adventure. A brief summary of this book would be, At a very young age 6 children where taken from there families by mad/crazy scientists and where taken to a place called the School. At the school they got avian DNA put into them giving the wing and other power's. After they had time for there bodies to adjust to the avian DNA they were take away from the school by a scientist called Jed Batchelder (who later was thought to be dead but really he just went back to the school). The children names where Max of Maximum (female) who was 14, Fang (male) age 14, Iggy (male and blind do to experiments on his eyes) age 14, Gasman (male) age 9, Nudge (female) age 12, and Angle (female and able to not just read but control peoples minds) age 8. So later after Jed "died" the Erasers came after Angle. The Erasers were human-lupine and only were able to live for 10 or so years. Later the Erasers captured the whole flock and locked them up in cages at the school, well all except for Gasman who came to rescue them accompanied by a huge flock of 20 or so golden eagles. They escaped but didn't live happily ever after. They were still on the run.

I rated it a 5 out of 5 because it's full of action, adventure, and surprises. I also rated it a 5 out of 5 because, it's a wonderful read and its full of unexpected out comes and it's the right type of book for me. I love all of the comedy, humor, and it just makes you want to laugh out loud until you cry. You can easily tell the amount of time, effort, and thought that was put into this work of art. I also love the amount of heroism and respect they have for each other. This book is one of the best books that i've read in my life. My favorite part was when she (max) found out that Jeb was still alive and working for the enemy and decided to give him a little something I like to call a Knuckle Sandwich. So that's my brief summarization, and the reason that I rated it a 5 out of 5. ( )
  EthanR.B2 | Sep 26, 2018 |
This book was actually loaned to me from a friend. Even though she's a good friend, it still has not swayed my opinion; no matter how good a book she thinks this is. That being said, I'm extremely excited to review my very first James Patterson book!

Yes- you read that correctly. I read my FIRST James Patterson book. I'm not quite sure why I never picked up one oh his books before, his name has been around for what feels like forever. As always, there are just too many choices for books, so I happily accept ANY and most recommendations; especially from very good friends.

Opening line: "The funny thing about facing imminent death is that it really snaps everything else into perspective."

Meet Max: a girl taking care of her family of 5, age ranges from 6 to 14. She has all the responsibilities. Making breakfast, waking everyone up, making sure they are dressed, and helping everyone in self defense. Did I mention Max is only 14 years old? This family of six is in hiding. Alone, and without parents, Max is the glue that holds everyone together.

Originally, all 6 kids were at "School"; a laboratory experimenting with gene splicing (a bit of Bioshock anyone?). This particular group of 6 all had their genes spliced with avian DNA- all to different degrees. Side effects included sharper eyesight, blindness, acute hearing, reading minds, and wings averaging in a 13 foot wingspan. Other groups had their genes spliced with wolf DNA- this group is known as the Erasers, or the security for the "School". Luckily, a sympathetic scientist named Jeb rescued the group of 6 and took them to the mountains to hide, and learn self defense. Unfortunately Jeb went missing, and the group presumed he is dead.

For the complete review, please visit: https://quitterstrip.wordpress.com/2016/09/19/warning/ ( )
  mspoet569 | Aug 18, 2018 |
This felt very childish and at times I understood why I never liked Patterson's writing before but it was so interesting that I kept going and kept getting wrapped up in all the adventure. I'm very curious about each one of the characters and how their families will react to seeing them. I think the way they are written makes them feel sort of similar. Some of the things they said just made them obviously clear that they were kids. It isn't a bad thing per say. It more has to do with the way they are written. Just wish Patterson was a better writer.

I love Fang the most. I see him as the best character. I don't understand how Max is seen as the strongest one because she has so much less power than the other especially Angel. I would love to see more of their powers developed as well as more one on one time getting to know each character's personality. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
Sad that I paid real money for this. The only redeeming quality was that it is so short. ( )
  josh513 | Feb 3, 2018 |
Romanzo veloce, coinvolgente e simpaticamente istruttivo. E' libro diretto a un pubblico giovane e scritto immedesimandosi in una ragazzina quattordicenne ma, nonostante ciò, presenta alcune frasi e aneddoti di una saggezza incredibile. Messaggi freschi e diretti, comprensibili, dietro i quali si possono nascondere anche insegnamenti più complessi e di natura profonda.

Pur essendo al servizio del demonio, il vecchio Jeb ci aveva insegnato l'utile arte del combattimento da stra­da. Mai giocare in modo leale, non è così che si vince. Usare tutti i colpi bassi possibili. Aspettarsi dolore e fe­rite. Farsi sorprendere dal dolore significa perdere

La conoscenza è un terribile fardello, Max, disse la Voce. Sospirai. Era ancora con noi. È una lama a doppio taglio, continuò. Potrebbe rivelarsi utile, ma potrebbe anche metterti in guai peggiori di quelli af­frontati finora. Vero. Ma dovevo farlo comunque. Max, la tua missione va al di là del trovare i loro genitori. Pensa ad aiutare il mondo intero, non solo i tuoi amici. Tenni le ali ferme, lasciandomi trasportare per un lunghissimo tratto da una calda corrente ascensionale. Era come galleggiare su una nuvola, la sensazione più bella che si possa immaginare. Vorrei tanto farla provare anche a voi. Magari la prossima volta. Lo sai, Voce... pensai infine. I miei amici sono il mio mondo.

L'ironia di Max, che come detto racconta in prima persona, è pungente e divertente. Dimostra un acume forgiato grazie alla vita di tutti i giorni e alle esperienze vissute con lo stormo. Niente di troppo acculturato ma una sorta di saggezza disincantata e accompagnata da una buona dose di sagacia.

Per un'ora e mezzo, Fang e io cercammo in tutti i modi possibili e immaginabili e trovammo un'infinità d'istituti di ogni genere, con sede a Mahattan e in tutto lo Stato di New York, ma nessuno faceva ben sperare. Il mio preferito? L'Istituto per la Realizzazione del Potenziale Interiore degli Animali da Compagnia. Se qualcuno di voi è in grado di spie­garmelo, mi mandi due righe.

Lo 'stormo' è ben assortito e ogni personaggio è stato approfondito accuratamente tanto da permetterti di immedesimarti in ognuno di loro.

Il colpo di scena è assicurato, anche se alcuni elementi sono piuttosto 'scontati' ed è possibile indovinarli, vale comunque leggerlo e tenerlo in libreria. Il secondo romanzo assicura un'impennata positiva di azione da non sottovalutare!
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Patterson occasionally forgets his audience here, as evidenced by his sardonic tone and such glib adult asides as "they found their prey: moi," but he's picked a comfortable formula (orphans protecting one another and making a home together), which he's cushioned with an abundance of slavering beasts, childhood heartaches, and unresolved issues...
added by khuggard | editBooklist

As with Patterson's adult mystery thrillers, in-depth characterization is secondary to the fast-moving plot.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal

Carole, Brigid, and Meredith

Fly, babies, fly!
Congratulations.

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.
Do not put this book down. I'm dead serious—your life could depend on it.
I'm risking everything by telling you—but you need to know.

STRAP YOURSELF IN for the thrill ride you'll want to take again and again! From Death Valley, California, to the bowels of the New York City subway system, you're about to take off on a heart-stopping adventure that will blow you away....

YOUR FAITHFUL COMPANIONS: Max, Fang, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways—except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for Erasers—wicked, wolflike creatures with a taste for flying humans.

THE MISSIONS: Rescue Angel from malicious mutants. Infiltrate a secret facility to track down the flock's missing parents. Scavenge for sustenance. Get revenge on an evil traitor. And save the world. If there's time.

Thriller-writing sensation James Patterson, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller When the Wind Blows, invites you on a quest full of nonstop action, adrenaline, mystery, and suspense. Want to come along for the ride?

PREPARE FOR LAUNCH: THESE PAGES FLY.

From the bestselling author of When the Wind Blows and The Lake House comes the fastest, smartest, strongest (and funniest) heroine since superheroes were invented...the incredible, indescribable MAXIMUM RIDE.

In James Patterson's blockbuster series, fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time...like when Angel, the youngest member of the flock, is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were experimented on by a crew of wack jobs. Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare--this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the treetops of Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb--now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world--but can she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:51 -0400)

After the mutant Erasers abduct the youngest member of their group, the "bird kids," who are the result of genetic experimentation, take off in pursuit and find themselves struggling to understand their own origins and purpose.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,629,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible