The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel…

The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1) (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

Member:melissadorish
Title:The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2007), Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Series Books, Your library
Tags:science fiction, fantasy, series, flying, experiments, friendships, genetic engineering, suspense, adventure

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Awesome illustrations, really interesting and important views on real-life stuff like global warming ( )
  MaiaMcCauley | Jan 24, 2016 |
This book is aimed at the young adult market, however, I found it to be a more enjoyable read than the audiobook I was listening to. And I thought the open ending left room for a sequel...or three. Light, stretches the imagination but with genetic modifications I'm our food chain is this the next step? ( )
  DCarlin | Jan 22, 2016 |
This was a really enjoyable book and will appeal to teenage readers who enjoy adventure stories. From the first page it is action packed with a strong female protagonist (although at first I thought Max was a he) and is filled with suspense, drama, genetic engineering and six kids who can fly. Basically, it is an introduction to the "Maximum Ride" series as many questions are left unanswered, so I'm looking forward to reading the next book to see what happens to Max and her 'family'. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
Full of fun and action ( )
  Sage54 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I read this seriies along with my kids, so it's not my favourite, and Patterson doesn't seem to know when to end a series. I'm not sure now how many I read before I gave up but at least as many as I listed. Not someting I'd have read much of on my own, that's for sure. ( )
  Karin7 | Jan 21, 2016 |
Patterson occasionally forgets his audience here, as evidenced by his sardonic tone and such glib adult asides as "they found their prey: moi," but he's picked a comfortable formula (orphans protecting one another and making a home together), which he's cushioned with an abundance of slavering beasts, childhood heartaches, and unresolved issues...
added by khuggard | editBooklist

As with Patterson's adult mystery thrillers, in-depth characterization is secondary to the fast-moving plot.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal

Carole, Brigid, and Meredith

Fly, babies, fly!
Congratulations.

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.
Do not put this book down. I'm dead serious—your life could depend on it.
I'm risking everything by telling you—but you need to know.

STRAP YOURSELF IN for the thrill ride you'll want to take again and again! From Death Valley, California, to the bowels of the New York City subway system, you're about to take off on a heart-stopping adventure that will blow you away....

YOUR FAITHFUL COMPANIONS: Max, Fang, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways—except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for Erasers—wicked, wolflike creatures with a taste for flying humans.

THE MISSIONS: Rescue Angel from malicious mutants. Infiltrate a secret facility to track down the flock's missing parents. Scavenge for sustenance. Get revenge on an evil traitor. And save the world. If there's time.

Thriller-writing sensation James Patterson, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller When the Wind Blows, invites you on a quest full of nonstop action, adrenaline, mystery, and suspense. Want to come along for the ride?

PREPARE FOR LAUNCH: THESE PAGES FLY.

From the bestselling author of When the Wind Blows and The Lake House comes the fastest, smartest, strongest (and funniest) heroine since superheroes were invented...the incredible, indescribable MAXIMUM RIDE.

In James Patterson's blockbuster series, fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time...like when Angel, the youngest member of the flock, is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were experimented on by a crew of wack jobs. Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare--this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the treetops of Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb--now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world--but can she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:51 -0400)

After the mutant Erasers abduct the youngest member of their group, the "bird kids," who are the result of genetic experimentation, take off in pursuit and find themselves struggling to understand their own origins and purpose.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,157,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible