The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel…

The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1) (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

Member:melissadorish
Title:The Angel Experiment: A Maximum Ride Novel (Book 1)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:
Collections:Series Books, Your library
Tags:science fiction, fantasy, series, flying, experiments, friendships, genetic engineering, suspense, adventure

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

This review contains spoilers!

I really love this book! It is so awesome and action packed. I love the flock, and Ella and her mom.

I love Max. She is a take charge, leader kind of person. I love the sibling relationship that she has with the rest of the Flock. And, of course, I really, Really Really love Fang! I Love him! I seriously ship Fang and Max. I like his character.

Another character I love Is Iggy. He's sarcastic, funny, he makes bombs and can cook better anyone in the Flock while being blind! I love him! I also kind of like Nudge. She's very talkative and she's very into fashion. I think she's a sweet kid.

I love Gazzy, he's such a sweetie! He's Iggy best friend, and He also makes bombs. Angel is Gazzy's little sister and they're the only blood relatives in the Flock. I like Angle but I have moments where I don't like her. I did like her for the most part in this book but when I got to the part when Angel used her mind power to force a lady into buying her a teddy bear, I was a little suspicious of Angel.

I just want add that I really love the part when Max kissed Fang on the beach. Fax for the win!

I love this book and the series. I highly recommend it ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
A good book with unusual circumstances. I decided to read the book after a young boy told me how much he liked the series. The story includes violence with descriptions of fights between main characters and those hunting them down. A nice change from vampires, and werewolves. ( )
  AmberEgan | Sep 14, 2014 |
This book was one I got a while back but thought it might not be good. However, I was totally surprised. I fell right in line with it and soon found myself truly loving the story line. At first I wasn't sure that I liked how short the chapters were and that they usually meant a perspective change. However, that made the flow of the book work really well and I ended up loving it. There is happiness, sorrow, sarcasm, and humor in this great read.

The story follows 6 kids (Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel) who are fighting for their lives and trying to find what the future holds for them. They start to get ahead and then something makes them pause. Through all the trials, you watch as some grow into new gifts and others find out more of themselves, while some still find out more of others. There are so many issues that these kids deal with that match normal things you easily can feel what any oneof them feels! ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
RGG: First in a high-energy sci-fi adventure series profiling children with special abilities created through genetic mutations.
  rgruberexcel | Sep 2, 2014 |
  rgruberexcel | Sep 2, 2014 |
Patterson occasionally forgets his audience here, as evidenced by his sardonic tone and such glib adult asides as "they found their prey: moi," but he's picked a comfortable formula (orphans protecting one another and making a home together), which he's cushioned with an abundance of slavering beasts, childhood heartaches, and unresolved issues...
added by khuggard | editBooklist

As with Patterson's adult mystery thrillers, in-depth characterization is secondary to the fast-moving plot.
added by khuggard | editSchool Library Journal

Carole, Brigid, and Meredith

Fly, babies, fly!
Congratulations.

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.
Do not put this book down. I'm dead serious—your life could depend on it.
I'm risking everything by telling you—but you need to know.

STRAP YOURSELF IN for the thrill ride you'll want to take again and again! From Death Valley, California, to the bowels of the New York City subway system, you're about to take off on a heart-stopping adventure that will blow you away....

YOUR FAITHFUL COMPANIONS: Max, Fang, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways—except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free. Aside, of course, from the fact that they're prime prey for Erasers—wicked, wolflike creatures with a taste for flying humans.

THE MISSIONS: Rescue Angel from malicious mutants. Infiltrate a secret facility to track down the flock's missing parents. Scavenge for sustenance. Get revenge on an evil traitor. And save the world. If there's time.

Thriller-writing sensation James Patterson, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller When the Wind Blows, invites you on a quest full of nonstop action, adrenaline, mystery, and suspense. Want to come along for the ride?

PREPARE FOR LAUNCH: THESE PAGES FLY.

From the bestselling author of When the Wind Blows and The Lake House comes the fastest, smartest, strongest (and funniest) heroine since superheroes were invented...the incredible, indescribable MAXIMUM RIDE.

In James Patterson's blockbuster series, fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time...like when Angel, the youngest member of the flock, is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were experimented on by a crew of wack jobs. Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare--this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the treetops of Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb--now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world--but can she?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:56 -0400)

After the mutant Erasers abduct the youngest member of their group, the "bird kids," who are the result of genetic experimentation, take off in pursuit and find themselves struggling to understand their own origins and purpose.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,387,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible