dismiss

Dorie's Cookies

by Dorie Greenspan

James Beard Award-winner for Best Baking and Dessert Book 2017 All-new collection from a "revered icon" and "culinary guru" (New York Times). Over the course of her baking career, Dorie Greenspan has created more than 300 cookie recipes. Yet she has never written a book about them--until now. To merit her "three purple stars of approval," every cookie had to be so special that it begged to be made again and again. Cookies for every taste and occasion are here. There are company treats like Portofignos, with chocolate dough and port-soaked figs, and lunch-box Blueberry Buttermilk Pie Bars. They Might Be Breakfast Cookies are packed with goodies--raisins, dried apples, dried cranberries, and oats-- while Almond Crackle Cookies have just three ingredients. There are dozens of choices for the Christmas cookie swaps, including Little Rascals (German jam sandwich cookies with walnuts), Italian Saucissons (chocolate log cookies studded with dried fruit), and Snowy-Topped Brownie Drops. And who but America's favorite baker could devise a cookie as intriguing as Pink-Peppercorn Thumbprints or as popular as the World Peace Cookie, with its 59 million Internet fans?    … (more)

I love this book. Every cookie I've made out of it so far is wonderful, and I really like the photos of each recipe. I highly recommend the Cardamom Coffee cookies (Nick eats those, not me) and the Oreo-esque sandwich cookies, but make them tiny so they're bite size because they are EXTRA delicious that way. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
Attention Cookie Monsters: this book is for you! I've now made enough recipes from this book to know it's a winner, but I new that before I even cracked it open—Dorie Greenspan is a baking legend. Each recipe is meticulously and charmingly written, as if your best friend is passing along her tried and trues, but actually knows how to structure and test for foolproof baking every time. This book is filled with classics and exotics to please any palette, and techniques and tips even an experience baker will find useful. ( )
  revafisheye | Jan 10, 2020 |
Made the "Swedish Visiting Cake" twice in one week (just the cake part, not the icing) and it was delicious and easy to put together! Almondy and sweet with just a dusting of powdered sugar on top. ( )
  JennyArch | May 18, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,271,807 books! | Top bar: Always visible