Nevernever by Will Shetterly

I read this book before reading Elsewhere. NeverNever read as if it really were being told by a 17 year old. I found it hard to follow the dialogue at times, but the characters were real and endearing. Very surprise twist at the end. Wonderfully told. ( )
  aprilrose09 | Aug 4, 2011 |
Ron is Wolfboy now, trying to get by in Bordertown while covered in fur and without the ability to speak. This is the sequel to Elsewhere, and is definitely the superior of the two. The story is much more cohesive and feels less dependent on the source material (that is, Terri Windling's Bordertown story collections). Unfortunately, both books employ the character-endangerment-in-lieu-of-actual-plot technique of storytelling. This only works if the reader is attached to the characters, which is why it feels more believable in the second book than the first. In short, if you liked Elsewhere, you'll like Nevernever. As for me, while I probably won't go out of my way to find the other Bordertown books, this was a lovely trip down memory lane in the form of two very quick reads. I can see these books appealing to other adolescents as much as they did to me, but I doubt most adults would get much out of them. ( )
1 vote melydia | Oct 28, 2009 |
never never: Found to be a never ending story in which my heart has sunk and swollowed wishing and hoping that it will soon come forth along my ever lasting love to this book and others taking the time to make it last. As i read it wolfboy makes me fall in love with him over and over again makeing me jump around the turns and cry at the deaths and spells in this book.It was only one thing that made my heart jump and yet you must read this book on your own after reading elsewhere.
  iayork | Aug 9, 2009 |
For Beth Davis and Barbara Freidman
You expect people to get quiet when a werewolf walks into a restaurant.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152052100, Paperback)

Growing up is hard to do . . . especially if, like Ron, you've been cursed (blessed?) and changed into a half wolf/half human. But though he may look strange, there is nothing weird about his loyalty to his newfound friends, or in his attempts to stay true to himself in the deadly, shifting world of Bordertown.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:07 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Ron, now turned into a wolfboy by a spell, finds Bordertown filled with kidnapping, murder, and magic, as gangs of elves continue to search for the heir of Faerie.

Will Shetterly is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,327,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible