Titanic (Eyewitness Books) by Simon Adams

Titanic (Eyewitness Books)

by Simon Adams

This book has a lot of information about The Titanic. It presents the facts with photographs and diagrams that help explain the story of the Titanic and what happened when it sank. ( )
  MadisonGriffin | Mar 4, 2018 |
I had mixed feelings about this book after reading it. I gave the book a four star rating because of its extensive detail, diagrams, and real life photos from the very historic ship, Titanic. The book is extremely descriptive in the information that it gives on every and any thing related to the Titanic. I'm sure almost everyone knows about the Titanic and how it was supposed to be the "unsinkable ship" yet sank after hitting an iceberg. The interesting thing about this book is that it not only tells you the story of how the ship sunk but gives factual information on things like overseas travel, building the titanic, the captain and crew, first-class travel on the ship, the lifeboats, the rescue, and almost every person that was involved with the ship. I only named a few of the topics in the book but the cool part of the organization of the book is that each topic gets its own page. Having each topic on its own set of 2 pages makes it really easy for readers to find exactly what they're looking for. Say a student is writing a paper about the individual part of the ship, they can flip to the "On the bridge" section of the book and get a detailed illustration of the titanic with labels and arrows to each specific part of the ship. The illustrations and photos are what make this book great because it really takes readers back in time and gives them a better picture in their brain of what exactly they're reading about. For example, while one is reading about the captain of the Titanic, right below the textual information about the captain is a real life photo of him. The amount of information this book gives is wonderful but there is some criticism that comes along with it. At times I feel as though the book is trying to cram too many things onto one page. A lot of the text, illustrations, and photos are very close together which makes it hard to figure out what to read next. Also, some of the text on the pages is really small and sometimes hard to read. All in all, this book is a great resource for anyone wanting to learn more about everything to do with the historic Titanic. ( )
  johngipe | Sep 6, 2016 |
This book is full of great pictures to show to children interested in learning more about the Titantic. It is full of interesting facts all about the ship. It could easily be used in a Social Studies classroom. ( )
  klmontgomery | Sep 2, 2013 |
includes CD great for the 100th anniversary 2012 of the tragedy
  NanceeL | Apr 1, 2012 |
The book is quite straight forward about the events from the beginning of Titanic's birth through a simple blue-print to the reality that leads up to the story of Titanic's tragic unforgetable maiden voyage at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. The images of such a tragedy gives readers the universal curiosity. Eyewitness Titanic tells the story behind the story. The story comes alive through 3-D renderings, photographs, and deck plans. Eyewitness Titanic is a narrative of courage and cowardice, sacrifice and survival. The readers can see the wreck on the ocean floor, the Titanic's gigantic propeller, and the ship's luxurious interior. Also learn how the survivors were rescued from the icy waters and how the shipwreck was located. The curious reader can discover what caused the "unsinkable" Titanic to sink, the preservation techniques of underwater archaeology, and much, much more.
As a ocean lover, Titanic has always amazed me since the age of 12. I would read just about anything about the ea, oceans, and the many tragedies that were caused at sea, but the most vivid one that stys with me to this day was always Titanic. Just knowing and being able to understand the ignorance of that time places a knot in my throat.
In the classroom, I would use this book to show the many enormous industrial creations that were created and failed within the past. I would allow children to try to design their own boats, ships or canoes. Something that they would see as safe for all. How would they chose to categorized people. Also, I would use this book as a Historical example of how people were categorized and why some were allowed to leave the boat and why some were not allowed. I would allow children to fill a boat with their imagination.
  mlgonzales | Mar 29, 2008 |

New Look! Relaunched with new jackets and 8 pages of new text!

The story of Titanic's tragic maiden voyage still tugs at the heartstrings and sparks universal curiosity--Eyewitness Titanic discovers the story behind the story. From a Belfast shipyard to the ship's death in the icy Atlantic, the story comes alive through 30D renderings, photographs, and deck plans. Eyewitness Titanic is a compelling narrative of courage and cowardice, sacrifice and survival. See the wreck on the ocean floor, the Titanic's gigantic propeller, and the ship's luxurious interior. Learn how the survivors were rescued from the icy waters and how the shipwreck was located. Discover what caused the "unsinkable" Titanic to sink, the preservation techniques of underwater archeology, and much, much more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:44 -0400)

Detailed descriptions of the Titanic, including its accommodations, and a retelling of its sinking in the North Atlantic in April, 1912.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,228,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible