Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Art of Being a Woman: A Simple Guide to Everyday Love and Laughter (edition 2006)
The Art of Being a Woman: A Simple Guide to Everyday Love and Laughter by Veronique Vienne
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307337243, Hardcover)It takes a great woman to spot greatness in other women. Have a good laugh at your own expense.
Discover how completely happy you are in your own skin.
Such experiences, says Véronique Vienne, are expressions of the art of being a woman.
In this gem of a book, Vienne gently guides women of all ages and cultures through the practical– and a few rather more whimsical– lessons in the art of womanhood and in the joy of loving life as only a woman can. Along the way, she imparts unique gifts of wisdom such as:
• An alert mind is the most eye-catching feature of a face.
• Smart compliments can improve the way you look as much as beauty products.
• Paying more to eat less is counterintuitive, yet it is the best diet around.
• Fashion is a nonsurgical nip-and-tuck technique.
• Female camaraderie keeps you healthy.
• Men should be given the benefit of the doubt (because they truly need it).
With its spirited prose and witty illustrations, The Art of Being a Woman informs and celebrates the many ways we all can release our insecurities, count our blessings, and experience what the French call “joie de vivre,” a lively tryst between heart and mind.
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:41 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.