All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern)…

All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern) (original 1991; edition 1992)

by Anne McCaffrey, Michael Whelan (Illustrator)

Member:bactram
Title:All the Weyrs of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern)
Authors:Anne McCaffrey
Other authors:Michael Whelan (Illustrator)
Info:Del Rey (1992), Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Collections:Kindle
Rating:*****

All the Weyrs of Pern by Anne McCaffrey (1991)

Recently added byLongtian, Amelia1989, private library, themulhern, talikan, smichellehos, penumbren, cindywho, Dvdvnr, erinR

English (24)  Dutch (1)  All languages (25)
2019 reread via audiobook narrated by Mel Foster (bought from Audible) ( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 18, 2019 |
Finally, back to the story line! Enough with the repeating and retelling of the same story, LADY!! I swear she got at least three times the mileage out of this series as was necessary. If I'd have been one of the ones waiting breathlessly for the next Pern book to come out I'd have been pissed when it ended up being one of those lame "retelling" books! This one however, was finally back on to the story line and I quite enjoyed it. Even if she did kill off one of my beloved characters. But, he was really, really old so she was going to have to do it sooner or later. I guess I can accept that.

I stayed up way too late finishing it, now I'm exhausted. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
It is hard to suspend your disbelief with these books, as some whacky dragon magic is juxtaposed w/ space ships. Some of the science was insufficiently researched. Things w/ lots of mass may be weightless in 0 gravity, but they still have all their mass, hence all their inertia. It is still possible to derive some pleasure from the intricacy of the story and from the adorableness of the white dragon. Next, "Dolphins of Pern"! ( )
  themulhern | Jun 8, 2019 |
I really loved the way this book tired into Dragonsdawn I think it tide the story up nicely. I particularly liked the conclusion to Master Harper Robinson's story. I really found AIVAS refreshing because usually the artificial intelligence is the bad guy and trying to take over the world rather than trying to save it. The more I read the Pern books the more I see a wonderful story about the land even more than any one character. It did seem to go a little bit slowly in some places but overall it was a great book. I would definitely recommend this book to any fan of the Pern books. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
There was just too much technical jargon in this book. I like these stories because of the characters and the dragons; I don't care to read scientific details. A general overview would have been enough in my opinion.

The copy of this book that I read didn't have the list of characters at the end like the other books I read in this series and I feel like it was even more needed in this book where there were so many secondary characters. It was hard to keep track of who was who especially when so many of the names are so similar.

I loved the little twist about Jaxom and Ruth going back in time to put the engines on the red star. I didn't see that coming. The abduction of Robinton for being such a big deal didn't last very long. It seemed almost an afterthought and really just a reason for him to die with Avias.

Overall an ok book but not nearly as good as the original trilogy. ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |

Anne McCaffreyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ehardt, DarrinCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gold, AnnDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weston, SteveCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is most respectfully dedicated
to
Doctors Jack and Judy Cohen
who have enriched my life so much
The Aivas felt its sensors responding to a renewal of power from the solar panels on the roof above it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345368932, Mass Market Paperback)

Led by Masterharper Robinton and F'lar and Lessa, the people of Pern excavate the ancient remains of the planet's original settlement and uncover the colonists' voice-activated artificial intelligence system. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:13 -0400)

The greatest dream of the dragonriders was to find a way to eradicate Thread completely, so that never again would their beloved Pern be threatened with destruction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,693,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible