All The Weyrs Of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
Title:All The Weyrs Of Pern
Authors:Anne McCaffrey
Info:Del Rey (1997), Paperback
Tags:AnneMcCaffreyBooks

All the Weyrs of Pern by Anne McCaffrey (1991)

English (21)  Dutch (1)  All languages (22)
I really loved the way this book tired into Dragonsdawn I think it tide the story up nicely. I particularly liked the conclusion to Master Harper Robinson's story. I really found AIVAS refreshing because usually the artificial intelligence is the bad guy and trying to take over the world rather than trying to save it. The more I read the Pern books the more I see a wonderful story about the land even more than any one character. It did seem to go a little bit slowly in some places but overall it was a great book. I would definitely recommend this book to any fan of the Pern books. ( )
  AngelaRenea | Jan 12, 2019 |
There was just too much technical jargon in this book. I like these stories because of the characters and the dragons; I don't care to read scientific details. A general overview would have been enough in my opinion.

The copy of this book that I read didn't have the list of characters at the end like the other books I read in this series and I feel like it was even more needed in this book where there were so many secondary characters. It was hard to keep track of who was who especially when so many of the names are so similar.

I loved the little twist about Jaxom and Ruth going back in time to put the engines on the red star. I didn't see that coming. The abduction of Robinton for being such a big deal didn't last very long. It seemed almost an afterthought and really just a reason for him to die with Avias.

Overall an ok book but not nearly as good as the original trilogy. ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |
This book follows The Renegades of Pern in the Dragon Saga. In this book the inhabitants of Pern find the remains of the planet's original settlement including the computer system which still functioned. The computer had the incredible news that there was a chance that Thread could be annihilated once and for all. ( )
  gypsysmom | Aug 25, 2017 |
Read April 2000
Read July 2009

July 2009 Review:
picks up with the people we know communicating with Aivas to carry out plans to get rid of Thread permanently. It was ok but I could see that this book should have been one to wrap up the Pern series. Sadly, it is still going. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |

Anne McCaffreyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ehardt, DarrinCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gold, AnnDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weston, SteveCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is most respectfully dedicated
to
Doctors Jack and Judy Cohen
who have enriched my life so much
The Aivas felt its sensors responding to a renewal of power from the solar panels on the roof above it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345368932, Mass Market Paperback)

Led by Masterharper Robinton and F'lar and Lessa, the people of Pern excavate the ancient remains of the planet's original settlement and uncover the colonists' voice-activated artificial intelligence system. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:13 -0400)

The greatest dream of the dragonriders was to find a way to eradicate Thread completely, so that never again would their beloved Pern be threatened with destruction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,420,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible