Kitchen Disco by Foges Clare

Kitchen Disco

by Foges Clare

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I think this book's reception will really depend on how you approach it. If you're doing a read-aloud where you want a catchy sing-along, this book has potential. If you're trying to push fruit or healthy choices as well, this book could be a godsend. You can make this book work for you. This isn't exactly a rave review though. I like how the author tried to transcend the ordinary into the extraordinary. I like the idea of your fruit bowl going haywire and having a kitchen disco in the wee hours of the morning. But this book wasn't amazing. it was simply okay. I'm thankful to have received this book courtesy of the Early Reviewers program but still, this book wasn't a hit out of the ballpark. And as always, I'm hoping for that home run. ( )
  mrs.k.rippel | Apr 20, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Amazing, my kids loved this book. The story is funny and engaging. A plus for parents, your kids will learn the names of many new fruits. A funny take with great art.
  Jessicathomas | Apr 18, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
We received this book about a week ago and we have read it no less than 20 times already. Needless to say, this is my 6 year old daughter's new favorite book. She especially likes the "chorus" and the sparkly page. We read this book at night in bed for bedtime and she'll take the book light and shine it all over that sparkly page singing happily for as long as I'll let her. Anywho, it's a cute book!! ( )
  BethYacoub | Apr 18, 2017 |
Super cute picture book, with catchy lyrics and fun illustrations. Had my kids laughing and dancing around the room! ( )
  acrowder | Apr 12, 2017 |
"Kitchen Disco" is a very fun book. Kids will love the rhyming and the pictures. ( )
  BevFuller | Apr 12, 2017 |

At night when you are sleeping
There's a party in your house,
It's a pumping, jumping, funky bash
When all the lights go out . . .

When the sun goes down, the Kitchen Disco starts up - and all the fruit in the fruit bowl come out to play. There are lemons who break-dance, tangerines who twirl and some very over-excited apples!

Kitchen Disco is a quirky, rhyming picture book, perfect for reading to young children to get the party started!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:45:25 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Kitchen Disco by Clare Foges was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible