Kitchen Disco by Foges Clare

Kitchen Disco

by Foges Clare

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book was good and probably enjoyable but not great. I didn't like that I'd have to go online to find the song, instead of just having a CD with the book. As a teacher, it would be much more trouble to get to the computer and get the song to use with the book than if I were to have the CD to pop in and play during circle. And since the melody wasn't a familiar one, I couldn't just recall the song to sing on my own. But it's bright and colorfully illustrated and it might be nice to introduce and identify different fruits with children. ( )
  csp17 | May 24, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What an entertaining book, to rap with young children. Both children in the book are white however the rest of the book containing dancing, singing fruit. ( )
  KCMartens | May 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is such a fun book. I let my 5-year old read it and now he reads it every day. The pictures are big and funny and the story is such a great imagination piece. I highly rec this book for anyone who interacts with children for first grade down to babies. This should be in all classrooms because it makes a great circle time or pre nap time read.
Great job! ( )
  ByChallaF | May 2, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
All the fruit in the fruit bowl participates in a quite the party when everyone is asleep. The rhymes are smart and funny and the refrain and colorful artwork kept the attention of even my 1-year-old. The shiny disco ball on one of the last pages was a nice touch. Great book! ( )
  KallieGrace | May 2, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had hopes of a catchy book that inspired a bit of a sing song effect as we read it aloud. I still believe that to have been the intent, and it does an okay job of it. However, it was not my favorite catchy book to read to the little ones. The kids thought it was funny and have requested it several times. However, it wasn't as pleasant to read as I had hoped that it would be for adults. It scores points for being unique and having neat illustrations. ( )
  Hoy_OakLeaf | May 1, 2017 |

At night when you are sleeping
There's a party in your house,
It's a pumping, jumping, funky bash
When all the lights go out . . .

When the sun goes down, the Kitchen Disco starts up - and all the fruit in the fruit bowl come out to play. There are lemons who break-dance, tangerines who twirl and some very over-excited apples!

Kitchen Disco is a quirky, rhyming picture book, perfect for reading to young children to get the party started!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:45:25 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Foges Clare's book Kitchen Disco is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,047,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible