Pursued (The Nikki Boyd Files) by Lisa…

Pursued (The Nikki Boyd Files)

by Lisa Harris

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great book. From the start I was eager to turn the pages to see what would happen next. Nikki went through a lot and kept her faith in God. Liked the suspense and how the story line went. ( )
  lark4life | May 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Special Agent Nikki Boyd is on her way home to Tennessee. She is flying on a plane when they encounter some turbulence. The woman in the seat next to Nikki strikes up a conversation and tells Nikki she is afraid. Before they can continue their conversation, more turbulence strikes and it is discovered that the man next to this woman is dead, then the plane takes a nose dive. After getting off the plane, Nikki notices that the woman has accidentally left her watch in her seat. Nikki tries to find her to return it, but doesn’t see her. She asks for her name of a flight attendant and told that no one was sitting in that seat. There is no record of the woman being on the plane. A mystery begins that will take Nikki on a harrowing journey in the next 24-48 hours.
In addition to this, Nikki is to meet Tyler at the airport. He has returned from overseas just a few days ago after a 3-month contract job. He has a new job offer in Tennessee, but he and Nikki haven’t had a chance to talk about a relationship or the future. With this new case of a missing person, Nikki is whisked out of the airport and taken directly to her office to begin the search for the missing woman as Nikki discovers she was supposed to testify at a trial that would have resulted in a famous philanthropist going to jail. With the search on, Nikki is under pressure to find the woman as well as deal with a personal health issue that might affect her future relationship with Tyler. How will she survive the next couple of days? You will have to read this exciting tale to find out!
Whew! Talk about nonstop action!! This book starts with a plane crash and never lets up on the adrenaline scale. Special Agent Nikki Boyd endures more chaos in her life in the span of 48 hours than anyone can shake a stick at! She has professional trauma as well as personal drama. It is a good thing she is a Christian or I don’t know how she would keep her sanity. If you like action, then you will certainly enjoy this very entertaining story from the pen of Lisa Harris. Nikki and Tyler make an adorable couple and I am so glad that they are pursuing a relationship together. I have liked her determination to continue investigating her sister’s disappearance for over ten years. I hope more is revealed in the next book, Vanishing Point, about this ongoing mystery. This fourth book in the series is due to be released in November 2017 and I can’t wait! ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | May 18, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Lisa Harris’ latest installment in The Nikki Boyd Files gives new meaning to thrill ride. Non-stop action filled with twists and turns is the order of the day. Neither Nikki nor the reader knows from one moment to the next what will happen, making Pursued a late night page turner. Opening with a plane crash (thanks for that Ms. Harris — I left on a European flight the day after beginning this book! 😉 ), the book takes the reader on a search for a missing federal witness. Neither she nor her pursuers want her to be found, but Nikki Boyd has vowed from the beginning of her career to always discover the truth.

Pursued is suspense at its most intense, but introduces a little romance as well. Nikki wants more of a relationship with her friend Tyler, but they never seem to be able to connect due to the urgency of the missing person’s case. That was okay with me, because I prefer my suspense heavy on action and light on love. Nikki is an interesting character who always wants to be in control. Unfortunately, everything seems out of control with the case. And while I never ever want to be in some of the situations Nikki finds herself in, I could identify with the helplessness Nikki feels until she surrenders everything to God. While Nikki had lots of questions, she could be confident that God had the answers. As the case wraps up, there is more time to contemplate what the future may bring Nikki and Tyler. Looks like there will be another thrill ride coming up soon!

Recommended.

Audience: adults. ( )
  vintagebeckie | May 17, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ended up reading to first two books in this series, and then read this one. Really enjoyed all three books.
I really enjoyed the fast pace of this third one. I really liked all the bad things that were going on. It really made a fun ride on the trip to the end. Relationship was really great to follow and made for a great happy ending.
I look forward to see future installments of this series. I will be looking for more fast moving thrillers.
Action is every thing to my stories!! ( )
  hope3957 | May 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have loved suspense mystery books ever since I was a child and remains to this day my genre. I had read all of my current favorite authors and needed something to read so I picked up the first book in the Nicki Boyd series at the library and was hooked. I decided to read the rest of the series. While waiting for the chance to read book 3 I read all the books in her Southern Crime series. Lisa Harris has become one of my favorites as an author that manages to keep me engaged in her books. Her books keep me up too late at night trying to finish them.

Starting with book 1 we learn that Nikki's first career was teaching school. She became interested in the Missing Persons unit of law enforcement when her teen sister comes up missing. She has been able to solve many missing persons mysteries but has yet to solve the case of her missing sister. In each book in the series she gets closer to learning the truth. In this book she is on a flight from California back to Nashville and is engages a conversation with a woman. The plane comes close to crashing and they make an emergency landing but then it is like the woman never existed. Where did the woman go? I had to keep turning this action packed novel to find out the mystery. This books has so much action in it. Lisa Harris' style of writing suspense is very much similar to Lynette Eason another suspense author I love.

Lisa Harris will be releasing the fourth in the Nickki Boyd series. I can't wait to find out what happens. Will she ever find out what happened to her sister.

Thanks to LibraryThing Early Reviewers and Revell Books for providing me a copy of this book to read and review ( )
  kaykwilts | May 3, 2017 |
To the Master Storyteller who pursues us and longs to bring us home.
Nikki Boyd grabbed the armrests of the aisle seat as the plane hit another air pocket and the FASTEN SEAT BELT light flickered above row 29 on the airbus.

Nikki Boyd's flight into Nashville was routine--up until the crash landing at the airport. When the dust settles, Nikki discovers that the woman who had been seated next to her on the plane is missing--and no one will admit she was ever there. Erika Hamilton had been flying to Nashville with an air marshal as a key witness in an upcoming grand jury trial. When she flees from the crash, is she running from trouble or straight into it? Before Nikki can even see her family, she and her team are pulled into a missing persons case where the motives are as unclear as the suspects.

Bestselling and award-winning author Lisa Harris has planted danger around every turn in this can't-put-it-down thrill ride that will leave readers stunned.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 06 Nov 2016 10:45:53 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Lisa Harris's book Pursued is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,471,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible