Pursued by Lisa Harris

I love Nikki Boyd. I hope I don't have a day like hers. To first get in a plane wreck and then get pulled in to a missing persons case. Her day just keeps going from there. There are many twists and turns throug this book. I love the suspense in this story. There is just a tad of romance also. This is a great story. I received a copy of this book from the author for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Apr 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book starts out with terror in the skies and doesn't let up as Nikki is on the case of a missing woman. What would you do if you were sitting on a plane talking to someone and there is no record of them being on the flight? Nikki knows the missing woman was there and will not stop till the mystery is solved. Who is the man sitting next to him on the plane? I love this character because she is determined, smart , relies on God and is resilient. I loved how the author allows Nikki to be vulnerable at times and allows readers to see in her weakest moments she calls out to God.

I really am not a big fan of flying and the opening scene was so well written I felt like I was on the plane waiting for the crash to happen. The author writes such explosive scenes that pop off the page with heart pounding speed. Nikki has been assigned the case for the missing woman on the plane and gets deeper into a story that had my adrenaline pumping . Nikki and her partner Jack seem to find danger as each turn they take in the case . I began to wonder just how much Nikki was going to be able to endure when she encounters life threatening injuries . The story is a web of deceit, secrets and twists that keep readers on the edge of your seat.

I enjoyed the interactions between Nikki and Tyler. After being apart due to work, they finally hope to spend some much needed time together. Will Nikki's job leave Tyler second guessing their relationship? Can Nikki and her team find the missing woman before disaster strikes? Get ready for action at full throttle in this installment of The Nikki Boyd Files.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Books and Librarything Early Readers Program. The review is my honest opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Apr 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book starts off running as Nikki 's flight into Nashville crash lands what follows is a series of events that keeps everyone looking. I liked how Nikki was willing to stick with what she believed from the person who she thought was sitting next to her to the motive behind it all. I also liked seeing how her relationship with Tyler progresses. This book is a real page turner and I am really enjoying this series.
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher but the review is entirely my own. ( )
  polarmath | Apr 22, 2017 |
It is always a roller coaster ride when I read a Lisa Harris novel. She packs so much adventure and suspense into the pages and the characters are so likeable - unless, of course, they are the villains.

The Nikki Boyd series has this TBI agent pursuing the bad folks and this pursuit is colored by her own personal family history where she lost a younger sister to a terrible crime. She has deep concern and compassion to those affected by similar crimes and viciously and determinedly pursues the culprits. In Pursued the characters on the run are a mother and her young daughter who are trying to escape the clutches of the girl's father and his vast criminal involvement.

The chase involves one terrible incident after another with Nikki barely escaping serious injury or death. Her climbing skills are again called into play as she rappels down a mountain to check on an automobile accident victim.

This book is easy reading that is suspenseful and action packed. The Christian element is there in the moral compass of the characters and their mention of praying. No preaching or lengthy Biblical passages. A good, clean read.

DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy to facilitate this review. Opinions expressed are solely my own and are freely given. ( )
  VeraGodley | Apr 15, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. In order to prepare to read this book, I did read the first two books in the series as I wanted to know what happened previously. The book does a great job a explaining what has happened in the past but I just like to read series in order. I'm glad that I did because I got to see how Nikki and Tyler's relationship grew over these books.
Nikki has joined the Missing Persons Task Force after her sister went missing 10 years ago. She now knows how families feel when love ones go missing and she takes her job very serious. In Pursued, Nikki is sitting on a plane next to a woman named Erika Hamilton when the plane suddenly crashes. After the crash, Nikki was looking around for Erika but she seemed to have disappeared off the plane but in the seat Nikki has found Erika's watch.
I don't want to give away any spoilers but you need to read this book in order to find out why Erika disappeared and how Nikki feels bound and determined to find her. You will now be disappointed as the book is non-stop action and adventure. The characters are well-developed and the plot is an excellent one that will keep the pages turning unstoppable. Lisa Harris' writing is amazing as she weaves twist after twist down to the last page.
I now look forward to book four as the suspense in these books is like a non-stop roller coaster and I can't wait to go for another ride. I would highly recommend this series to those who love suspense thrillers with a hint of romance. ( )
  EadieB | Apr 14, 2017 |
To the Master Storyteller who pursues us and longs to bring us home.
Nikki Boyd grabbed the armrests of the aisle seat as the plane hit another air pocket and the FASTEN SEAT BELT light flickered above row 29 on the airbus.

Nikki Boyd's flight into Nashville was routine--up until the crash landing at the airport. When the dust settles, Nikki discovers that the woman who had been seated next to her on the plane is missing--and no one will admit she was ever there. Erika Hamilton had been flying to Nashville with an air marshal as a key witness in an upcoming grand jury trial. When she flees from the crash, is she running from trouble or straight into it? Before Nikki can even see her family, she and her team are pulled into a missing persons case where the motives are as unclear as the suspects.

Bestselling and award-winning author Lisa Harris has planted danger around every turn in this can't-put-it-down thrill ride that will leave readers stunned.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 06 Nov 2016 10:45:53 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Pursued by Lisa Harris was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible