SantaThing sign up ends in 9:01 hours (5:00 PM EST)

Physik (Septimus Heap) by Angie Sage

Physik (Septimus Heap) (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Angie Sage

Member:bigcurlyloz
Title:Physik (Septimus Heap)
Authors:Angie Sage
Info:Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (2008), Edition: paperback / softback, Paperback, 576 pages
Tags:library, borrowed, fiction, read in 2012, read

Physik by Angie Sage (2007)

I love these books because as soon as you think everything is alright something happens. In this one someone gets left in the glass. These are really good and have lots of unexpected turns. ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
Another great read, though I admit while listening, I did drift a bit, especially in the middle of the tale. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
Re-read this over a year ago, just now getting this off my "currently reading" list. Read this to my siblings, who were going through the series. It's a fantastic series, and I personally love the time travel angle of the book. Can't say much more than that, because while it's a great book in a great series, it doesn't really stand out in any way. ( )
  Jaina_Rose | Mar 1, 2016 |
I must say, that this book took me quite a bit to get "into" it. I really do not like people (characters) who posses intelligence and know better but do stupid things and get in BIG Trouble anyways..... Sigh....

But anyways...... The ghost of the EVIL Queen Etheldredda (where do these people get these names?) and her deadly creature Aie-Aie have been locked up in the sealed (I mean, serioulsy, this was done purposely) attic room for centuries...only to be released by the doddering fool Wizard Silas Heap. Silas's son, Magik Apprentice Septimus and his step-sister Princess Jenna are duped by her Evilness in a bid to give herself everlasting life, retake the kingdom and impose a rule of terror and wickedness. Septimus is kidnapped by Q.E.'s ghostly son Master Wizard Marcellus Pye and and held prisoner in time while Jenna must travel back with the aid of the dragon SpitFyre in order to rescue Septimus.

Once I got past the stoopidity of Silas, the naivety of Jenna and Septimus...and into the action...I found it to be an interesting book and I finished it easily. I understand that this is a very popular children's series...rates up there next to Harry Potter in the genre of Magik... ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Glad I’ve picked up this series again, had been looking forward to meet the Heaps again. It didn’t go all that fast though… Got to meet Snorri Snorrelssen and her cat Ullr. What is there not to like about a Northern Traders girl who likes dark rye bread and pickled herring for breakfast?!? :D

No time to ponder about these things! In the meanwhile Silas and Gringe are still crazy Counter feet. Silas’ addiction to the game makes him forget more important things, thinks he’s found THE perfect place to keep his Counters and by unsealing the attic, he ‘accidentally’ releases the spirit of Queen Etheldredda and her Aie-Aie. And that’s how the ball started to roll…

Although this 3rd book in the series started off a little weird and I’m still not sure what to think of Jillie Djinn (perhaps we find that out in Queste?), time travelling took it all to a totally different level! Going back 500 years is quite something, don’t you think!?

For those who keep saying the plot twists or simply everything is (too) predictable… you won’t see this one coming!! This being said : “I’m going fishing!” ;) ( )
  NinaCaramelita | Jun 10, 2015 |

Angie Sageprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zug, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Rhodri - my Alchemist, with love
Silas Heap and Gringe, the North Gate Gatekeeper, are in a dark and dusty corner of the Palace attic.

When Silas Heap unSeals a forgotten room in the Palace, he releases the ghost of a Queen who lived five hundred years earlier. Queen Etheldredda is as awful in death as she was in life, and she's still up to no good. Her diabolical plan to give herself everlasting life requires Jenna's compliance, Septimus's disappearance, and the talents of her son, Marcellus Pye, a famous Alchemist and Physician. And if Queen Etheldredda's plot involves Jenna and Septimus, then it will surely involve Nicko, Alther Mella, Marcia Overstrand, Beetle, Stanley, Sarah, Silas, Spit Fyre, Aunt Zelda, and all of the other wacky, wonderful characters that made magyk and flyte so memorable.

With heart-stopping action and a dash of humor, Angie Sage continues the fantastical journey of Septimus Heap.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:26 -0400)

Pulled through a glass that brings him back in time, Septimus Heap becomes the apprentice of an alchemist.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,643,352 books! | Top bar: Always visible