Dear My Blank: Secret Letters Never Sent by…

Dear My Blank: Secret Letters Never Sent

by Emily Trunko

10. I grabbed Dear My Blank, from the poetry section, which as it turns out is a book full of submissions to a blog where people write letters to other people anonymously. The letters are typically focused on relationships, and would speak well to pre-teens and young teenagers. The text is artsy, with some pictures around some letters. It looks like a construction paper project. Could be fun for a poetry project, or discussing the different types of poetry that exist (A lesson on how poetry doesn't necessarily have to rhyme, for example). ( )
  S_Trevor | Apr 8, 2017 |

From the popular Tumblr of the same name comes a collection of heart-warming, tear-jerking, and gut-wrenching anonymous letters that people never intended—or didn’t have the courage—to send.

The Tumblr Dear My Blank—created by 16-year-old Emily Trunko and followed by over 35,000 people—is now a carefully curated gift book with more than 160 anonymous letters covering a range of topics from heartbreak, unrequited love, and loss, to inspiration, self-awareness, and gratitude.

Featuring exclusive content not available on Tumblr, these unsent letters are addressed to secret crushes, lost loved ones, boyfriends, siblings, parents, grandparents, and many more.

Art and design by Lisa Congdon enhance these messages, making the book a beautiful keepsake for all readers.

"A visceral and voyeuristic offering that covers the spectrum from fleeting angst to gut-wrenching grief." —Kirkus Reviews

"Stirring and soulful." —Booklist

Praise for the Tumblr Dear My Blank

“An addictive site full of strangers’ secrets.” —Cosmopolitan

“A safe haven for hundreds of letters that will never be sent.” —Distractify

“Tumblr’s newest obsession.” —Hello Giggles

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 01 Nov 2016 16:02:06 -0400)

A collection of anonymous unsent letters from the author's Tumblr, Dear my blank.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,849,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible