The Wanton by Rosemary Rogers

The Wanton (edition 1985)

by Rosemary Rogers

691173,491 (3)1
Member:LoreleiOrion
Title:The Wanton
Authors:Rosemary Rogers
Info:Piatkus (1985), Edition: Book Club (BCE/BOMC), Hardcover, 512 pages

The Wanton by Rosemary Rogers

I remember reading The Wanton as an early teen (13 maybe). I found it hidden in a bedside drawer and once I started reading I realized why. I thought it was crazy hot then and, at 37 I still think the same thing. I mean c'mon look at that cover. What early 90's teenager could resist reading this when their parents weren't home?

When it comes to stupid, there are times the main character, Trista, takes the cake, especially when it involves her stepbrother, Fernando. In her defense (and at the beginning), she was 16 years old and it was the 1800s. And, she'd been shit on a lot by her mother. She was a definite masochist and unreliable narrator. I couldn't tell if she enjoyed the non-consensual BDSM thing every guy in the book had going on for her, but I sure as hell thought it was hot.
Except for the whole brother thing. And, the whole "I will rule you" thing. I can't believe the father and aunt never realized what was going on with Trista and her brother, Fernando and I've never been able to understand her fascination with him.

The writing was difficult to follow most of the time. I often wondered if the characters and the writer was tripping on acid, that's how far out there the plot and writing seems. I've read other books by Rosemary Rogers, such as Love Play and Sweet, Savage Love, but none were quite as disjointed and just plain weird as The Wanton.

But, hot damn, Blaise Devenant!

taranator | Jul 11, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380861658, Mass Market Paperback)

They call her wanton, a woman of wild and independent spirit. But Trista Windham knows her heart -- and nothing can shatter her dreams.For love, in need, she surrenders her innocence beneath a radiant sky -- and binds her soul forever to Blaze Davenant, a dark and handsome man of dangerous secrets... and startling secret passions. Across perilous waters and through the ravaging fires of the Civil War, Trista must pursue a rapture that, once tasted, can never be forgotten and endure suffering only the strongest of hearts can bear in the cause of a love that comes but once in a lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:34 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,376,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible