Black by Ted Dekker

Black (2004)

by Ted Dekker

Series: Circle series (1)

English (38)  German (1)  All languages (39)
Quite a mash-up of mystery story, science fiction, and fantasy !!! Not my cup-of-tea. I couldn't get through it. ( )
  JosephKing6602 | Oct 14, 2018 |
This is the illustrated graphic novel of the first book in the Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker. It introduces us to Thomas Hunter, a man who becomes trapped between two realities that keep switching on him. Every time he falls asleep, he wakes up in the other. One world is modern day America while the other is a fantasy reality.

I read this to fulfill a graphic novel challenge and to be honest, it's not really my cup of tea. I see that the trilogy has gotten great reviews so I recommend anyone who has an interest read them for themselves. I'm sure they are really good but I'm giving it the most generous score I can, given I am not a fan of the genre. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Aug 9, 2017 |
This review is being written four years after the fact (in 2010.) My father recommended this series, otherwise I would never have picked it up. I enjoyed it at the time, though a lot of stuff bugged me; namely, that the "real world" plot was pretty unbelievable, and the "alternate world" plot got fairly heavy-handed with Christian allegory.

That said, four years later, a lot of the imagery from this series has stuck with me. If I thought it a bit hokey back then, now I'd say it's more enjoyable in hindsight, and maybe more powerful. I have a feeling that if I reread it today, it would disappoint; but I can see myself recommending it to my kids when they reach their teens. ( )
  saltmanz | May 1, 2017 |
Better than Green, but not much. The writing at times is quite terrible, and sometimes unintentionally funny. Thanks Mr. Dekker and to quote the last line of the book, Goodbye Mr. Dekker. ( )
  charlie68 | Jul 28, 2014 |
Review to come soon! ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |

Dekker, Tedprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Räsänen, OiliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Please do not combine the main work with the graphic novel adaptation of the work. Thank you.

Enter an adrenaline-laced epic where dreams and reality collide.

Fleeing his assailants through deserted alleyways, Thomas Hunter narrowly escapes to the roof of a building. Then a silent bullet from the night clips his head...and his world goes black.

From the blackness comes an amazing reality of another world-a world where evil is contained. A world where Thomas Hunter is in love with a beautiful woman. Then he remembers the dream of the chase as he reaches to touch the blood on his head.

Where does the dream end and reality begin? Every time he falls asleep in one world, he awakes in the other-both facing catastrophic disaster. Thomas is being pushed beyond his limits...even beyond the limits of space and time.

Black is an incredible story of evil and rescue, betrayal and love, pursuit and death, and a terrorist's threat unlike anything the human race has ever known.

Some say the world hangs in the balance of every choice we make. Now the fate of two worlds hangs in the balance of one man's choice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:46 -0400)

Fleeing assailants through alleyways in Denver late one night, Thomas Hunter narrowly escapes to the roof of an industrial building. Then a silent bullet from the night clips his head and his world goes black.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,681,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible