The Mastery of Love by Miguel Ruiz

The Mastery of Love

by Miguel Ruiz

English (5)  Dutch (1)  All (6)
This book took a while to read. Hard to understand at times because of how it's written, but overall a good book. Repetitive at times too, but I guess that's the whole point. Glad I stuck with it. Personally, what would summarize it best would be, "Life is nothing but a dream, and it you create your life with Love, your dream becomes a masterpiece of art." ( )
  Bertha_ | Aug 6, 2016 |
While this book is purported to be written by a "nagual" from an ancient lineage of shamans, the terminology is more akin to positive new thought teachings. This book is about mastering the power of love. Written in parables, it does not compare well with the works of Castaneda or Ken Eagle Feather. ( )
  drj | May 27, 2014 |
I love this book! It is full of wisdom about truth and love. Don Miguel contrasts love and fear masterfully. He speaks about an inability to change others. He says, "You love them the way they are or you don't. You accept them the way they are or you don't. To try to change them to fit what you want them to be is like trying to change a dog for a cat, or a cat for a horse." I love that quote!

Don Miguel says it is impossible to love another person until you love and accept yourself. He then goes on to say the "right" person for you will be the one you love just the way he or she is, without having any desire to change him or her. And likewise, that person will also love you just the way you are without wanting to change you.

He says "If you go into a relationship with selfishness, expecting that your partner is going to make you happy, it will not happen. And it's not that person's fault' it's your own." When you love someone, you want what's best for him or her even if that means they are no longer with you.

Ruiz is also an advocate of personal responsibility which is something I also teach. We have total and complete free will to do whatever we want to do. And when we exercise our free will, we must also accept the consequences that come with that. Everything we do has consequences. I think of those consequences as ripples. The consequences can be positive, negative or of little consequence at all but all actions create consequences. The way we choose to perceive those consequences is up to us but if we create them with our actions, then we must accept the consequences.

The biggest obstacle to experiencing love in your life is your inability to love yourself. You must begin a journey designed to love yourself and to remove all negative judgment of yourself. Then you will truly experience love. This book is a great companion on your journey to self-love. ( )
1 vote kimolver | Aug 9, 2010 |
this book is about the fear based beliefs and assumptions that undermine love /;lead to suffering and drama in our relationships. The author provides real life examples and insight into our relationships. ( )
1 vote laws | Feb 22, 2010 |
Perhaps the best messages from this book are that the most powerful love is self-love and true happiness really comes from within an individual (not from others). Ruiz thoroughly, yet simply explains concepts (stories are incorporated throughout). He also teaches the steps one must take to arrive at the "mastery of love." An excellent read! ( )
1 vote erempala | Nov 12, 2006 |
TOLTEC SHAMANISM, SORCERY AND HEALING : Mark Edwards Crow M.M.
Thursday, September 17 2009, 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Come join us for an experiential introduction to the Ancient lineage of Toltec Shamanism,healing and sorcery. Mark Edwards was a student of Don Miguel Ruiz, Carlos Castanedas circle,Victor Sanchez, Robert Moss, Luis Sanz, etc. He has coordinated Toltec circles in Chicago since 1990.and is a published author on Toltec spirituality.
On this evening we will explore such areas as , energetic awareness ,rings of power, animal teachers , Toltec healing,dreaming/stalking, earthwalking and Toltec sorcery/history.Please bring an offering of smoking Tobacco(traditional indigenous gift) if possible and an open mind.
A further four week class may organize out of this workshop if we have enough participants. Please look at the Toltec website at www.edwardsees.com
Location : life Force Arts Center, 3148 N Lincoln, CHicago
Contact : www.edwardsees.com 773 327 7224
added by tolteca | editsun times, tolteca (Feb 2, 2009)

Miguel Ruizprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eikenberry, JillReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tucker, MichaelReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 187842453X, Paperback)

In this Spanish version of The Mastery of Love, don Miguel Ruiz illuminates the fear-based beliefs and assumptions that undermine love and lead to suffering and drama in relationships. Using insightful stories to bring his message to life, Ruiz shows how to heal emotional wounds, recover the freedom and joy that are one's birthright, and restore the playfulness that is vital to loving relationships. Among the themes explored are the Toltec wisdom of the heart and the war of control.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:16 -0400)

Ruiz illuminates the fear-based beliefs and assumptions that undermine love and lead to suffering and drama in our relationships. Using insightful stories to bring his message to life, he shows us how to heal our emotional wounds, recover the freedom and joy that are our birthright, and restore the spirit of playfulness that is vital to loving relationships.… (more)

Beyond Words Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1878424424, 187842453X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,448,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible