Love in the Seams (Twins & Needles Book 2)…

Love in the Seams (Twins & Needles Book 2) (edition 2016)

by Jodie Wolfe (Author)

223,629,350 (5)None
Member:lanehillhouse
Title:Love in the Seams (Twins & Needles Book 2)
Authors:Jodie Wolfe (Author)
Info:Jodie Wolfe (2016), 206 pages
Rating:*****

Love in the Seams (Twins & Needles Book 2) by Jodie Wolfe

Recently added byVirginia51, lanehillhouse

No tags.

This had to be one of my favorite novellas I have ever read. I really enjoyed how Mae and Johannes get to know each other. They don't just jump in to anything. They have a couple hiccups along the way but work it out. I look forward to reading more of Jodie Wolfe's works. I received an ebook copy from Celebratelit and have given an honest opinion of what I liked. ( )
  Virginia51 | Nov 18, 2016 |
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Love in the Seams by Jodie Wolfe, © 2016
Twins & Needles Series, Book 2

Calder Springs, Texas ~ 1875
A morning like any other morning, Mae Stafford begins the day at her dress shop, creating ordered garments with her fine stitches. A new customer enters requesting a next-size-up wardrobe for his little daughter, LillyAnn. Her papa, Johannes Mueller, is the new school teacher. This session, LillyAnn will be old enough to be a student!

I loved how Mae envisions making LillyAnn's clothes special just for her by adding embroidery and lace to set them apart. Mae becomes endeared to this little girl whose mama and baby brother passed away.

LillyAnn has plans of her own and involves her papa in her dreams. How unassuming she is and is glad to proclaim her hopes and heartfelt longings. She is a delight to new friends she makes.

Come visit Calder Springs and join in the community activities. You'll want to glean the freshness of open hearts, little by little, as Johannes overhears tenderness he misses.

***Thank you author Jodie Wolfe and to Celebrate Lit for sending a review copy for the Love in the Seams blog tour. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | Nov 15, 2016 |

Mae Stafford longs for the companionship and unconditional love her sister has found in her new husband. But after years of refusing potential suitors because of a pact they made as children, Mae no longer has any choices left once their agreement is broken. She's given up hope that God will give her what she desires most, a family of her own. Instead of dwelling on what she doesn't have, she throws herself into her work as the recent sole owner of the local dress shop. As a promise made to his late wife, Johannes Mueller agrees to travel west to be a school teacher in Calder Springs, Texas, away from the bigotry associated with being an immigrant in New York City. He hopes to improve his life and forget his loss. Johannes isn't counting on his five-year-old daughter's search for a new mother when they arrive. His little LillyAnn finds ways to bring the seamstress and him together…often. Can he learn to embrace his German heritage and unlock his heart to love again?

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 15 Nov 2016 16:55:11 -0500)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,534,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible