Masquerade of Lies by Wendy Hinbest

Masquerade of Lies

by Wendy Hinbest

841,035,133 (3.75)None

My first impression was that this was a Lifetime movie from a book.

And I do agree with another review .. "This was a quick and easy read. It was full of suspense and surprises. I think a lot of younger readers will enjoy it. I did find it overly descriptive - the brand of their clothes and the colors, their hair, the shape of their face. And a lot of things were convenient to pull the story together."

I did enjoy the book and I think teens will too. But I question, at this day, if some of the emotions will seem irrelevant or "old".

I would have loved to learn more about Mark. ( )
  arhslibrn | Mar 16, 2017 |
Hanna Clark has left her dark past in Deerwood behind her and has moved with her mother to a new town. But shortly after starting at a new school she finds herself a suspect in a murder investigation when the police find her beside the body inside the victim's home. Hanna did not kill anyone and she's on a mission to clear her name. While trying to find the murderer, she becomes friends with the most popular girl in school, Claire, and falls for her boyfriend, Josh. As Hanna and Josh get closer, not only does she face Claire's wrath, she also learns that Josh is a suspect in the murder as well. She also starts getting threatening messages but she doesn't know who they're from. Hanna just wants to clear their names and get justice for her friend.

This was a quick and easy read. It was full of suspense and surprises. I think a lot of younger readers will enjoy it. I did find it overly descriptive - the brand of their clothes and the colours, their hair, the shape of their face. And a lot of things were convenient to pull the story together. But overall I did enjoy the book.

Thank you to librarything and the author for providing me with an e-copy. ( )
  jenn88 | Mar 13, 2017 |
A very slow start to this story. If the story itself could start sooner, it would make it more interesting. Good story. Good dialogue. Interesting story. I didn't feel a lot of emotion for the characters though. Still it was a good read. ( )
  somethingblanc | Mar 6, 2017 |
This is a teen book, involving Hannah, who is new in her high school, trying to start a new life in a new town after a year of emotional and psychological turmoil. Now, a girl she became friends with was murdered, and she is the main suspect. So, she tries to solve the murder herself. The book itself is very well-written and easy to read. The characters are well developed and interesting. The storyline is good and intriguing. And for a debut novel, it is a great sign for the author! I expect great things for her and hope to see more of this type of book. I think teens and anyone who reads teen/ya novels will enjoy it. ( )
  BonnieKernene | Feb 18, 2017 |

Wendy Hinbest is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,269,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible