Convenient Lies by Robin Patchen

Convenient Lies

by Robin Patchen

521,436,638 (5)None

The ramifications of past decisions and the lenses through which we see the world greatly impact the decisions we make today, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Rae’s past, childhood events, rash decisions all led her to a place of danger and betrayal. Now she must run to try to keep her baby safe no matter the cost to herself. Through however a circuitous route, the first true stop must be Rae’s hometown. Unexpected complications keep her there longer than expected, to even more unexpected consequences.
Detective Brady Thomas, Rae’s childhood best friend and teenage love, has returned to their hometown and hopes to be next-in-line for the position of Chief of Police. After many failed relationships, Brady’s love for Rae still resides deep in his heart. When he responds to a prowler call at her grandmother’s home, Brady comes face to face with the woman he can’t forget. With his military and police training and experience, Brady feels qualified to protect Rae and her child, but Rae trusts no one, nor does she want to endanger the man she has never forgotten.
Convenient Lies is full of adventure, heroism, and selflessness. The dialogue is very well written, and the author paints mental pictures of the story’s settings with embedded information, not long descriptions, thus keeping the story moving at a fast pace. This is one of those reads that would play well as a movie. The story will appeal to both men and women. I thank Robin Patchen for providing me with a copy of Convenient Lies in exchange for an honest review, and look forward to reading book two in this Hidden Truth series, Twisted Lies. I greatly enjoyed this first book. ( )
  claudia.castenir | Feb 14, 2018 |
Title: Convenient Lies
Author: Robin Patchen
Pages: 394
Year: 2016
Publisher: Create Space
My rating 5+ out of 5 stars.
There are authors who can tell a good story and there are those who tell a story in such a way it leaves readers wanting more. Readers can tell too if a book isn’t worth reading. Robin Patchen is more than a story teller! In Convenient Lies, she drew me into a world where secrets were kept for a variety of reasons, and lies were told as easy as turning on a light switch. When the main female character, Reagan McAdams, searches out and finds the truth, her world begins spinning out of control. On top of that her newborn son is the one thing that will make her “husband” continue chasing her around the globe until he retrieves his only heir.
So, Reagan goes to the one person she believes will help her take care of a baby while being on the run. What Reagan doesn’t expect is her past catching up to her at the same time. Who can she trust? I found myself constantly reading and turning pages as the suspense never seemed to wane. The intrigue and danger with nefarious characters made the tension of the story very palpable for me. The budding romance and dealing with past issues while trying to stay a step ahead of danger was another thread that kept pulling me deeper into the book.
Readers of suspense, international intrigue, tension, romance, mystery and the fight for justice will have hours of pure enjoyment reading Robin’s novels. I found too that what one character as she grew older thought she wanted ended up bringing her great heartache and danger. I loved too how the thrill of reading the story never let up. In fact, as soon as I was done reading this book I wanted to read her next novel in the series.
The characters continue from one book to the next, the sequel, which is available now and titled, Twisted Lies! I sure hope the author has another novel planned as I want more stories with these characters that are filled with hours of engaging entertainment!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | May 16, 2017 |

Robin Patchen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,246,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible