No title (1998)

Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Wolf Tower by Tanith Lee (1998)

An enjoyable read, especially for young teens. It was one of my favorite books at that age. Since it's written in diary form, the style can be a bit slow. If you stick with the whole series, the read is definitely worth it. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 8, 2014 |
While Tanith Lee writes both fantasy and scifi I would have to say that
my favorite genre of hers is fantasy.
She has a unique voice when she weaves classic fairy tales into her
Own unique works.
The wolf tower series is no different. A delight to read a keeper to the collection! ( )
  batpunch | Dec 3, 2012 |
An interesting young adult novel. I've just finished rereading it because I couldn't remember what it was about since I read it so long ago.

A young servant is whisked away to a different city, away from the House and only place she's ever known. She learns the hard truth about people and life and her journey is just beginning. Written in first person as if it were a journal. Sometimes the grammar isn't correct, but then again it's written like a dairy so I can't complain too much. Good read for kids. ( )
  TheBigNerd | Nov 21, 2012 |
A solid if fairly unremarkable tale, combining a journey across a strange world with a naive young woman's loss of innocence and growth as a person. While the characterisation is quite thin (although the narrator herself is endearingly awkward and stubborn), there are some nice inventive touches, as well as some intriguingly bizarre cultures and landscapes, and the language, which is much more straight-forward than that which Lee typically employs, really captures the feel of an adolescent's diary. ( )
  salimbol | May 16, 2012 |
I never thought this book was amazing but for some reason I always liked it. There are sequels but they're very odd and I don't personally like them. Check them out if you want, though. After all, this book doesn't have much of a "real ending." ( )
  riddleraven | Nov 16, 2010 |

Tanith Leeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, VictorCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yes. I stole this. This book.

Orphan-slave Claidi knows only the mindless rituals and cruelties of the House and the Garden, where the ruling families wallow in lavish extravagance. Then a golden stranger promises freedom if she will journey with him through the savage Waste.
Mad tribes and strange cities, enemies and friends where she least expects them, above all the Wolf Tower that broods over the grim stone city of her destiny; nothing - and no one - is as it seems.
If she is to survive, Claidi must learn fast - hone her wits, sharpen her instinct for danger...
Freedom demands that she confront the Law - once and for all...

All her life, Claidi has endured hardship in the House, where she must obey a spoiled princess. Then a golden stranger arrives, living proof of a world beyond the House walls. Claidi risks all to free the charming prisoner and accompanies him across the Waste toward his faraway home. It is a difficult yet marvelous journey, and all the while Claidi is at the side of a man she could come to love. That is, until they reach his home . . . and the Wolf Tower.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:46 -0400)

When a stranger is captured by the Guards of the House and Garden where she has worked all her life as a slave and maid, sixteen-year-old Claidi helps him escape and sets out with him to journey to his home city through the dangerous Waste.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,737,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible