Maybe This Time by Jennifer Snow

Maybe This Time

by Jennifer Snow

After separating from her NHL husband, Dean Underwood, Abigail Jansen returns to her hometown of Glenwood Falls, Colorado. She wants nothing to do with hockey; however, her daughter wants to try out for the hockey team. To make matters more uncomfortable her daughter’s coach is Jackson Westmore, her ex’s best friend. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Abigail is an admirable heroine. After separating from Dean, she moves from California back to Colorado with her nine-year-old daughter, Dani. She needs to start over and wants to provide a good life for her and Dani. They temporarily move in with her parents until she can get a place of her own. Her parents are supportive, good people. It is a humbling experience. She knows she is being talked about and judged in the small town. Abigail puts her teaching degree to use and gets a job as a substitute teacher. She works hard to prove herself. She is a strong woman and good mother.

Understandably, Dani is having a difficult time dealing with the divorce. Abigail doesn’t want to badmouth Dean to Dani. Abigail wants Dani to be happy, even if that includes letting her play hockey. I love that Dani befriends Taylor (Jackson’s niece).

I like Jackson’s character. He has secretly been in love with Abigail since they were kids. Of course, she thinks he hates her. Per the bro-code he needs to stay away from her. He is a loyal friend to Dean. Both working at the school and being Dani’s coach, he cannot avoid Abigail. To top things off, his sister is Abigail’s BFF. Needless to say, they are put in some interesting/awkward situations. I like that Jackson is open-minded and discovered that his best friend is not the same guy he was nine years ago. I felt bad that he didn’t make it to the NHL when both of his brothers and best friend did. I had a lot of respect for the decisions he made throughout this story. He is an amazing hockey coach and a good person. He reevaluated his priorities doing what is best for him now.

This is the first book that I have read by Jennifer Snow. I really enjoy her writing style and plan on continuing to read this series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Nov 28, 2016 |

"Abigail Jansen is done with hockey... and hockey players. After leaving her two-timing NHL-star husband, Abby decides to start over in her hometown of Glenwood Falls, Colorado. There she doesn't have to deal with people gossiping behind her back or hear the workd "hockey"--- until her daughter tries out for the junior hockey team. Now Abby has to face her fears... and coach Jackson Westmore. He's tall, dark, handsome-- and happens to hate her. All through high school, talented hockey player Jackson Westmore had a crush on Abby, but he would never make a move on his best friend's girl. He gave her the cold shoulder out of self-preservation and worked out his frustrations on the ice. So when Abby returns, newly divorced and still sexy as hell, Jackson knows he's in trouble. Now even the best defensive skills might not keep him from losing his heart..." -… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,443,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible