The Roman: Florentine Series, Book 4 by…

The Roman: Florentine Series, Book 4

by Sylvain Reynard

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this as an Audio Book - I have not read the other books in this series, so I am unsure if they are connected or not. That being said, I cannot - I repeat CANNOT - listen to this audio book. The main women characters, Raven and her sister Kara, are selfish, loud, and uncaring of anyone but what they want. Raven wants to be with her vampire boyfriend, who happens to be some sort of Prince and she wants all the other vampires to treat her sister kindly, just because of who she's dating. Kara just wants to get back to her fiance, but can't because he's dead. And it's constant whining about where they are going and why...the man who reads this audio book has a deep voice that, when he does the women's voices, makes me laugh. Perhaps, reading the book(s) are different, but after this experience, I'm not sure I'm going to try.
  BmeredithE | Jun 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Great ending for William and Raven. Even great ending for Gaberiel and Julianne. Listening and Reading at the same time, the printed book was very different from audiobook, phrases changed, some sentences omitted. Audiobook better. The richness of the literature and history of Florence, Geneva, Prague, and other cities sighted in audiobook was very enjoyable. Love the cariture devolvement as spane over four books, some lovable, some pure evil, some a little of both. A must read. New narrator was fair needs to know the correct pronunciation of Beatrice. ( )
  lisadewaard | Feb 28, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was very confusing to listen to and I was lost for parts, then I would start to understand what was happening and it would dive off the end yet again. Possibly would have been better if I had listened to the first 3 volumes, but definitely unsure about that as it seems like the author's writing style is very confusing. ( )
  AMKee | Feb 7, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I didn't realize when I requested this book for free to read that it was part of a series. As soon as I got it, I wanted to pop the audiotape in to listen to it and then read the back and... well, realized my mistake. Before I can honestly review this, I'll need to read the others. I don't want to miss out on anything!
  dndizzle | Feb 6, 2017 |

FGMAMTC Blog Review
This book wraps the series up in a wonderful way. Nothing is really left hanging, but there's room for more if the author ever chooses to continue. I love the way The Florentine books show historical people, places and art. Artwork is a major focal point throughout The Roman as it was in the others. With vampyres, battles and life or death situations, it still takes time to appreciate the beauty of the visual arts. I like how the idea of vampyres is approached differently in this book. The connection to religion makes it stand out from any other stories I've read. I also love how the goal isn't to become a beautiful, perfect immortal. Actual substance means so much more than outward appearance. The love is epic and felt deeply. I recommend The Roman for sure, but you will have to read the previous books first.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google  / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / Bloglovin' / Instagram

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
The conclusion to the Florentine Series was phenomenally written, possibly the best installation to the series. This story is engaging and has something to like for everyone art, religion, political struggles, vampires, and a little romance.

This story is a spin off of Gabriel's Inferno series, but does not have to be read beforehand, but this series should be read in order.

Source: Review copy provided for review purposes.
added by shes_aces | editARC, Cynthia Azadi (Feb 23, 2017)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Sylvain Reynard's book The Roman is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,365,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible