Batgirl Vol. 1: Beyond Burnside (Rebirth) by…

Batgirl Vol. 1: Beyond Burnside (Rebirth)

by Hope Larson, Rafael Alburquerque (Artist)

Series: DC Rebirth, Batgirl: Rebirth (1-6), Batgirl

Hope Larson has to be one of my favorite comic writers. The problem I had with this volume is that it's titled as number 1 but it's part of a bigger series so I was dropped right into the middle of plot and story and didn't really know anything. Also, events from past volumes were mentioned leaving me confused. I really enjoyed Larson's take on Barbara Gorden and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. ( )
  IntrovertedBooks | Mar 26, 2018 |
This is my first Batgirl. I look forward to reading more in this series. ( )
  DKnight0918 | Dec 19, 2017 |
A light, fun read featuring a new version of Batgirl. ( )
  JJbooklvr | Apr 3, 2017 |
This TPB didn't seem as much of a reboot as some of the other DC Rebirth titles.

Barbara is overseas taking a break from Burnside and Gordon Clean Energy. Trying to take a vacation. But, of course, that doesn't quite happen and it turns into a working vacation when she meets a guy from her past, Kai, who may be in some trouble.

She also meets Fruit Bat, a heroine from the 1940s who still seems to have a little something left.

And she also gets all involved in a race to get some sort of formula that everyone wants. Not to mention, takes up MMA.

There's then a very weird Memory thing that starts going on (not sure how I feel about it yet, and it seems neither is Barbara).

Finally there's the intro of a character at the very end of the TPB that could be really really interesting.

I got this ARC through Netgalley on behalf of DC Entertainment. ( )
  DanieXJ | Mar 29, 2017 |
I miss Gail Simone's dark and gritty Batgirl so really have to set that aside in my mind when reading this younger, less mature "Burnside" Batgirl. Having done that, this was an enjoyable read. Barbara takes a trip to Asia, starting in Japan for some "me" time but ends up having to don her Batgirl garb to track down a mysterious "Teacher" who is trying to steal a dangerous bio-chemical that makes creatures smarter. The last issue brings a one-off as Batgirl and Poison Ivy are on the same plane to the US and have to stop a rare vicious plant from crashing their plane. Fun and lighthearted. ( )
  ElizaJane | Mar 20, 2017 |

Hope Larsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alburquerque, RafaelArtistmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bennett, DeronLetterer.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"A part of DC Rebirth! Barbara Gordon looks to add a new bullet point to her already impressive BATGIRL resume: travel agent. Having just (barely!) survived the Battle of Burnside and verging on an Arkham-worthy breakdown, the star pulls a Kerouac and gets on the road to find herself. Follow Babs on her worldwide quest in BATGIRL VOL. 1, with New York Times best-selling author Hope Larson and award-winning artist Raphael Albuquerque leading the way!"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,746,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible