Weird Detective: The Stars Are Wrong by Fred…

Weird Detective: The Stars Are Wrong

by Fred Van Lente

101880,191 (4)None

Goodreads Synopsis:
The streets of New York have been plagued by a pattern of crimes too weird and bizarre for the average detective. Lurking in the evidence are shadows of loathsome horrors from beyond space and time, seeking to usher in the unimaginable evil of the Old Ones. And the only man capable of fighting against the unspeakable terrors isn't a man at all. Detective Sebastian Green is one of them--it takes a monster to catch a monster.
New York Time's best-selling author, Fred Van Lente, and artist Guiu Vilanova are on the case for Weird Detective, a Lovecraftian mystery tale!

My Review:
I received a copy of Weird Detective from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, I love the cover. It really made me want to read this more than anything, although the description also sounded intriguing. It starts with a girl washing up in a public pool, with all of her insides missing. Detective Sebastian Greene is suddenly amazing at his job, after fifteen mediocre years. He's also apparently Canadian. There's aliens, murders, and a whole lot of other weird stuff, and I really enjoyed reading it.

I love the art in this book. It's different than the others I've read lately, and it fits with the story. It's exciting, and once I started it I didn't want to put it down. I would definitely buy a copy for myself and you should check it out and see what you think.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon.

Thanks for reading! Check out this review and more at my blog.
(Radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com) ( )
  aurora.schnarr | Jan 10, 2018 |

"The only man capable of fighting the terrors that plague New York City, Detective Sebastian Greene, may not be a man at all. Greene's partner, Detective Sana Fayez, is becoming suspicious of his actions but with a new, deadly threat loose on the streets, they'll need to work together if they want to solve the case"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,855,408 books! | Top bar: Always visible