Too Late by C. Hoover

Too Late

by C. Hoover

I'm sure this is the only Colleen Hoover book that's i will love this much , because i'm really starting to get sick of the sappy romantic fairy-tales , nothing against her though i love her ! i just don't enjoy love stories anymore .

This is why i didn't like Luke at all .. at all . i found him irritating and annoying , plain stupid and very unprofessional (obviously) .

and no , i didn't like his relationship with Sloan either , nor found it cute or beautiful .. to be honest i wasn't very fond of her character at all , i found her to be boring , and in some scenes i just wanted to shake her until she wakes the hell up .

i think i might have liked John more than them and found him more interesting!

now Asa .. Asa Jackson , i freaking LOVED him , i ADORED his character and how twisted he is , that might be due to the fact i love villains in books , but there is something about him that drew me so much , i wished the book was written only from his perspective , he made things THAT more interesting

perhaps the only reason i kept on reading was because of him , i wanted to know what's going to happen next , i really fell in love with his twisted tortured character , it's a bit lame that i always fall for these kind of characters but i can't help it!

this is my review so obviously i'm going to be subjective , i wish there is a book only about him and his life , a twisted part of me wished Sloan would choose him ( yes yes i know it's wrong and would never happen! don't kill me... i'm a bit messed up , but hey it's a story!)

i loved the snippets we were shown from his childhood , i loved his crazy moments , and his plans.

so , yes . i would recommend this book , even if it's only because of Asa , he's a character that shouldn't be missed . and that's why i love Colleen . because she is such a marvelous writer that she is able to creat something like him ! ( )
  Spymer | Jan 24, 2017 |
If you want to start a book that will keep you holding your breath until the last page, then you need to read this. It was amazing. CH is outstanding and this did not let me down. This is a pretty intense look into mental health issues and domestic abuse, so if that is something you do not want to read about I do not recommend this.

I felt every emotion and every fear for the characters. My heart was seriously pounding for fear of what may happen to Luke and Sloan at times. I read this so fast and did not want to put it down. I could not even sleep last night after starting this. I finished it tonight and am still thinking about it.

I will say, I almost took off half a star for the ending. I wish it would have ended at the original The End. I think the extras just took something away from the final satisfaction of the love for this book. If that even makes sense. However; I still enjoyed it. I am also keeping it at 5 stars since I feel if a book can make me feel as intense and involved as this did, it deserves it. Great read! ( )
  SimplyKelina | Dec 30, 2016 |

Sloan will go through hell and back for those she loves. And she does, every single day. After finding herself stuck in a relationship with the dangerous and morally corrupt Asa Jackson, Sloan will do whatever it takes to get by until she's able to find a way out. Nothing will get in her way. Nothing except Carter. Sloan is the best thing to ever happen to Asa. And if you ask Asa, he'd say he's the best thing to ever happen to Sloan"--Pg. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible