The Perfect Mortals (Buan) (Volume 1) by…

The Perfect Mortals (Buan) (Volume 1)

by Reece Bridger

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byJason_Gatewood

No tags.

I would actually give this 3 1/2 stars, but since there is no half, I rounded up.

What I liked:
The characters, each was unique and I like how they progressed through the story
The world, it was interesting and well setup
The Ending, I think it left off with enough unknowns that I am eager to move on to the next book.

What I didn't like:
Slow start, I found the first 60% to be kind of painful. I know this is the first book in the series and the author was setting everything up for the series, but it just progressed too slowly.
The stakes, along with how slow this started, we don't really have any idea what's at stake until we are 60-70% through this book. You need to grab me from the beginning and layout what is on the line in the beginning of the book.
The language, I really didn't care for the obscenities. Don't get me wrong, I am very foul mouthed most of the time, but I read a lot of fantasy and I don't think our curse words have any place in a made up world. I think the writing would be better off without these, or if the author changed them (even created them) to something that was more fitting with the tone and style of the rest of the world.

All in all, I enjoyed the world and characters, as well as the pacing of the last 1/3 of the book. I'm intrigued enough by the ending that I will more than likely move on to the next book in the series. But if the pacing isn't improved in the next book, I don't know that I will move on. ( )
  Jason_Gatewood | Nov 28, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,833,400 books! | Top bar: Always visible