The Veil (Testaments I and II) by Joseph…

The Veil (Testaments I and II)

by Joseph D'Lacey

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byFrankErrington

No tags.

Review copy

While I admire Joseph D'Lacey's attempt at doing something different with the post apocalyptic trope, The Veil (Testaments I and II) did little to excite me.

Two novellas, set in the same world, told by different survivors and yet I was no more enlightened having read this pair of stories than I was going in.

Testament I - This story begins with a group of survivors holed up in The Station. They call themselves the Stoppers and they are doing what they can to hold off the Commuters, so named because they still get around. They called the event that started it all or perhaps ended it all. The Long Silence.

This story, told through the eyes of Sherri Foley, is about life at The Station, her sometimes lover, Ike, eleven year old Trixie, and the ad-hoc family they've become.

Testament II - The same circumstances from another point of view. Here the event was known as The Hush. There was more details about what was happening in the aftermath and the ensuing fungal infestation.

This time the story-teller is Rob who wants to protect his family, Tara and Jake, and at the same time needs to get away from it all

Although I'm glad I read these two novellas, I'm not sure I can honestly recommend them to other readers.

The Veil (Testaments I and II) is available in paperback and for the Kindle from Horrific Tales Publishing. If you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited you can read it at no additional charge. Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member you can read it for FREE using the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

From the author's bio - Joseph D'Lacey writes Horror, SF & Fantasy and is best known for his unsettling novel, Meat. He won the British Fantasy Award for Best Newcomer in 2009. H also writes children's stories with his daughter. ( )
  FrankErrington | Nov 28, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,141,760 books! | Top bar: Always visible