Brave New Girl by Rachel Vincent

Brave New Girl

by Rachel Vincent

Although not original, I loved the premise of "Brave New Girl" which was set in a world where everyone was a clone. Dahlia 16, was one of 5000 girls who worked as food growers for the city and who shared the same looks as her 4999 'sisters'.

The plot was tight and fast paced and I was surprised how quickly I read it. The first half built the world that Dahlia 16 lived in, but the second half was action-packed. I enjoyed learning about this society along with Dahlia 16 who, at the start only had a very limited knowledge of her world. However, once she met Trigger 17, a special forces soldier, she experienced feelings she never thought she would feel, learnt that the rules she had followed all her life were not what she thought and was finally able to ask questions about the outside world.

Dahlia 16 was a great character and I liked how she started to question everything she had always thought was right. The romance between her and Trigger 17 was rather sweet.

The only thing that spoilt the book was the ending. I felt it finished extremely quickly - I turned the last page and found I was at Acknowledgements. I had to go back and make sure I hadn't missed a couple of pages. However, overall, I enjoyed following Dahlia 16 and Trigger 17's flight for freedom. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jun 14, 2017 |

In a world where everyone is the same, one girl is the unthinkable: unique. A high-stakes fast-paced series launch from New York Times bestselling author Rachel Vincent.

We have brown hair. Brown eyes. Fair skin.
We are healthy and strong and smart.
But only one of us has ever had a secret.

Dahlia 16 sees her face in every crowd. She’s nothing special—just one of five thousand girls created from a single genome to work for the greater good of the city.
Meeting Trigger 17 changes everything. He thinks she’s interesting. Beautiful. Unique. Which means he must be flawed. When Dahlia can’t stop thinking about him—when she can’t resist looking for him, even though that means breaking the rules—she realizes she’s flawed, too. But if she’s flawed, then so are all her identicals. And any genome found to be flawed will be recalled.
Destroyed.
Getting caught with Trigger would seal not only Dahlia’s fate, but that of all five thousand girls who share her face. But what if Trigger is right? What if Dahlia is different?
Suddenly the girl who always follows the rules is breaking them, one by one by one. . . .

Praise for Rachel Vincent’s The Stars Never Rise

“This high-stakes, romantic thriller had me hooked from the very first page!” —Kimberly Derting, author of the Taking trilogy
“Un-put-down-able.” —Kirkus Reviews
“A hugely fun and entertaining read.” —SLJ
“Vincent (the Soul Screamers series) carves out an intriguing niche in the post-apocalyptic landscape . . . plenty of reasons for readers to look forward to the next installment.” —PW
“The gritty world is compellingly presented . . . much to consider.” —The Bulletin
 “A devil of a thriller.” —Booklist

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 03 Jan 2017 02:57:22 -0500)

In a world where everyone is the same, Trigger 17 convinces Dahlia 16 that she is unique but this proves that both are flawed, which could lead to dire consequences for their entire genomes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible