Restoring Christmas: A Novella by Cynthia…

Restoring Christmas: A Novella

by Cynthia Ruchti

821,035,133 (5)None

No tags.

This was a very good Christmas story. I did not want to put this book down. This was a bit different than most Christmas stories that I have read. I had to go to the website to see if she won the contest or not. Gabe and Alexis had a great relationship. It would be fun to see them in another book. I enjoy these restoration projects on TV and to incorporate them in to a book story was wonderful. I received a copy of this book from Worthy Firstlook blog tour for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Dec 17, 2016 |
Cynthia Ruchti’s latest Christmas-themed novella is the perfect addition for your holiday reading this year. Restoring Christmas is a story filled with humor, heart and hope. Alexis is a designer with dreams of a big break in television. She travels to small town Wisconsin to take on the challenge of restoring a home in just 8 weeks before Christmas. She soon finds that her plans must take a backseat to the story of the home and its owner, Elsie. Amidst obstacles, the project bumpily progresses, and Alexis grows in her appreciation for a true restoration.

While Restoring Christmas is a novella, I never felt short-changed in character development. Alexis is a woman driven to be the very best despite insecurities brought on my her childhood experiences. Cameraman Gabe has overcome a past as well, and his irritating enthusiasm and perkiness is the perfect foil for Alexis. It is their pasts and the past of the home they are restoring that points to the overall theme of how the past often comes to define us, unless we let God remake and restore us. One of my favorite lines in the book reflects the way God overcomes and makes new out of a mess — Our past converted into something more suitable for how we live today. (p. 211). Ruchti also uses setting to great effect. I now have Door County and its environs on my travel bucket list!

Restoring Christmas is a quick read, but it is one that will stay with you for a long time. Pick it up for your Christmas reading fix!

Recommended.

Audience: adults.

(Thanks to Worthy Publishing for a complimentary copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Dec 15, 2016 |

Cynthia Ruchti is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,812,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible