Antoinette by Kelly Dipucchio

"Antoinette" by Kelly Dipucchio is a sequel to the book Gaston. In this book a dog named Antoinette is upset because all her siblings have talents but she does not know what talent she has. When she goes to the park later on she ends up running into her friend Gaston who has lost Ooh La La. Antoinette helps Gaston find her and learns that her talent is helping others. This book shows kids that we all have talents even though some are more obvious than others. This is definitely a book I would have in my classroom library! ( )
  SelmaGasu | Apr 2, 2018 |
This book is a sequel to Kelly DiPucchio's charming "Gaston". In this book Gaston's friend, Antoinette, is distressed that she does not have a special talent like each of her burly brothers. Her mother has faith in her and tells Antoinette that she knows there is something extra special about her. Eventually one of Gaston's sisters goes missing and nothing will stop Antoinette from finding her. She bravely rescues the missing pup. Antoinette finds her bravery and grows up to be a police dog. The illustrations are delightful. The text is engaging for young readers. As the mother of a daughter, I appreciate that the female protagonist is presented as strong and brave, qualities that I would love to instill in my child.
  daisylune | Nov 11, 2017 |

"Raised in a family of talented bulldogs, Antoinette the poodle wonders what makes her special. She gets the chance to prove herself and find what she's good at when puppy Ooh-la-la goes missing"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,485,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible