5/19/93 by BadBob Therrien

BadBob Therrien

Cheri's, New Haven, CT

May 19, 1993

MSC>SoundForge>CD

BadBob is a musician and artist who was active in Connecticut during the 70s, 80s and 90s. Outside of New Haven he is probably best known as the creator of the Screaming Man, a coffee-obsessed psychotic who appeared in oil paintings, prints, and on a popular line of coffee mugs and t-shirts as well as in a syndicated comic and two books of collected works.

On this night of acoustic music Bob played the opening set by himself and was followed by the country blues of Micah Anderson and Bill Becket, two other New Haven locals (I have their sets as well - be patient).

I ran the sound, such as it was, and made this two-track recording directly into my Sony ES component deck.

If you knew/know Bob or his work this is worth a listen. His acerbic personality certainly comes through. If you don't know him, download this, Google "BadBob Therrien", learn about him and Screaming Man and have a listen...

There are eight tracks in the set. They may not all be finished songs or have titles.

Track01 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track01 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.598).

Track02 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track02 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.565).

Track03 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track03 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.576).

Track04 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track04 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.570).

Track05 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track05 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.582).

Track06 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track06 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.569).

Track07 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track07 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.573).

Track08 - Unknown Artist.wav: successfully encoded to 'D:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicBadBob TherrienBadBob Cheris New Haven CT 19930519Track08 - Unknown Artist.flac' (ratio = 0.563).

No errors occured.

Track01 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track02 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track03 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track04 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track05 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track06 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track07 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track08 - Unknown Artist.flac: tested ok (file is decodable without error).

Track01 - Unknown Artist.flac:80d45ef7c656b8211cbbfe52ba059996

Track02 - Unknown Artist.flac:da0c0ab3a4f1228046b162fc082b8185

Track03 - Unknown Artist.flac:582b708da6566dfe82e4481541516679

Track04 - Unknown Artist.flac:25c68704c753ac9136094bbe58fc508b

Track05 - Unknown Artist.flac:f9f9955b2057f1702d41d0814a7ee332

Track06 - Unknown Artist.flac:0f99346c0e018740f447d88bb8b222d8

Track07 - Unknown Artist.flac:f89eb96cd68b668e9ff66c9a9e69ca97

Track08 - Unknown Artist.flac:a56464418ddf37c2503a4144959a8553

Checksum file saved to disk.

burningdervish | Nov 29, 2016 |

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,979,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible