I Can With I AM: Be Somebody by Sheila M.…

I Can With I AM: Be Somebody

by Sheila M. Luck

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I struggled through this one, I didn't finish, and really didn't care for the way it was written or organized. For some reason it just didn't resonate with me. ( )
  MagicLibrarian | Aug 1, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was not a fan of the title throughout this book, nor the opening five chapters. However I pressed on and as I read many of the truths to follow rang true to my life and the lives of others close to me. I found chapter13 "I Can Where I Am _ Relationally " most enlightening and relevant to my life.

Sheila challenges each reader make some kind of change in the way they live, knowing that anything they do with Christ' help will change them for the better. Her goal in I Can With I Am: Be Somebody was to inspire and I feel that the book accomplished that. ( )
  Jape200 | Jan 14, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sheila tells us how to live a more Christian and God-centered life in this helpful book. With specific and easy to understand goals, we can be more centered in Christ. Loving one another, putting God first, and helping our community are a few ways to be more in tune with God. Sheila also gives us helpful stories about her life and others, and is very honest and caring. ( )
  lesindy | Dec 17, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The author Sheila Luck states, " I pray this book helps you understand how to draw close enough to God to hear him whisper in your ear and allow him to lovingly guide you into his world and the plan he has for you. God has a plan for your life. In his plan, you possess amazing potential. With him, The Great I am, you can realize your God given potential." I believe Sheila did a complete and wonderful job of just that. I have heard time and time again, God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called. Although, I thought I knew what that meant, after reading this book, I have a clearer picture. I have, like the author stated asked God, Here's my plan, will you bless it, rather than asking God to show me his plan for me and my life. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,.... I have been a Christian for many years and recently felt, being older, I have missed my chance to truly do something for the Lord. No matter what your age, or where you are in your Christian walk, Sheila Luck provides, using scriptures, the way to grow in your faith. You will gain a new vision of God's plan and purpose for your life. In chapter 20, she list several areas and ideas where you may serve others. "What breaks your heart? What causes you to worry? What makes you exclaim, "Somebody should do something!" With I Am, each of us can make a difference." ( )
  Sandralb | Dec 5, 2016 |
I thought Ms. Luck did an excellent job in demonstrating how God is with us in everything we do. She focuses on the abstract as well as the practical. She illuminates the fact that God walks with us in every aspect of our lives - financial, emotional, social, to name a few. She did a good job of conveying the importance of guidance to the reader - that you have to see God in not only the monumental, but in the little things. I thoroughly enjoyed her spiritual treatise and look forward to more of her books that are inspirational as well as enlightening.
added by Tree1882 | editLibraryThing.com, Teresa (Dec 17, 2016)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Sheila M. Luck's book I Can With I Am was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,295,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible