To the North (The Villages Book 1) by K. H.…

To the North (The Villages Book 1) (2015)

by K. H. Leigh

421,664,912 (4.5)None
Recently added bylesaneace, rebel_duck

This was a pleasant surprise to me. An original fantasy that was fresh and interesting. ( )
1 vote lesaneace | Mar 2, 2017 |
Magnificent! What an awesome book to start the year with. K. H. Leigh's writing style is sophisticated and concise. A whimsical fairytale novel of good vs evil, but not your typical one. Annabelle knopp and Turo Bash find themselves on an epic adventure of friendship, courage, sacrifice, and magic. Beautiful story telling. Vivid settings. Complex characters. Gripping from beginning to end. A good read for all ages. ( )
1 vote rebel_duck | Feb 9, 2017 |
To the North was a village on top of a hill.
Annabelle closed her eyes and recited the end of the tale from memory. “And when we die the birds return to carry our souls away. As we grip tightly to their backs and fly over the world, the wind strips away all the sadness and shadow and pain from our lives, until all that’s left of us is joy from the edge of everything.”
Perhaps because people paid it too little attention during the day, and forgot about it at night, but the sun always seemed determined to make its presence known in the last moments before its daily death. Each evening people squinted beneath a blanket of sunblood, their shielded stinging eyes the sacrifice the sun demanded for its light and warming rays.
Hetti looked at the shadows cast by the setting sun. “I’m surprised the dark would dare visit your wood, Annabelle Knopp. If I were a shadow I should be afraid to cross paths with you.”
Annabelle woke to the sound of windchimes.
Clop, clop, clop.

K. H. Leigh is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,207,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible