To the North (The Villages Book 1) by K. H.…

To the North (The Villages Book 1) (2015)

by K. H. Leigh

I won this book in a Library Thing giveaway.
What a wonderful read! I finished this in a sitting and still wanted more.
The descriptions of the lands, the people, the noises lurking in the dark woods are all done so perfectly and the story weaves in and around continuously, never failing to sweep you along. I really can't recommend this book enough. I have deliberately refrained from giving you, the review reader, any storyline information as I genuinely believe this is a tale you should experience.
This is a true folk tale and I loved every word of it. ( )
1 vote Aeshna | Jun 24, 2017 |
To The North is a fairytale, or folk tale if you prefer, and a breath of fresh air. It is beautifully written and stands out with its original myth creation and intricate world-building. It is a short book, but richly-detailed and left me wanting more. I thoroughly enjoyed reading To The North and look forward to reading more in this series.

Summary: Highly recommended to lovers of myths, folklore and fairy tales.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in a LibraryThing giveaway. ( )
1 vote SukiSu | May 21, 2017 |
Good old fashion storytelling at it's best!

Author K.H. Leigh is a wonder at weaving stories within a story. Myths and legends were tied in so seamlessly that you were never lost from where you were in the main plot. In fact these "bedtime stories" held the answers to the quandaries that her characters faced and ties everything together for the reader. "To the North" is a easy but intriguing bedtime story full of bedtime stories. ( )
1 vote mtchrista | Apr 14, 2017 |
Such a great read to start 2017. ( )
1 vote MariusFlorentin | Apr 7, 2017 |
This was my first time reading the works of K.H. Leigh and I was not disappointed. This author is able to create a story that flows with such speed that the twists and turns in the plot seem natural and you cant believe you didn't see it coming from the beginning.

I absolutely love these characters and I am so glad this this is only book one of the series because i can't get enough of this little village.

The continuity of the stories within stories bring a wholesome feeling to the book. Every turn in this book has parts that make you hold your breath in anticipation of what will happen next, but with the undercurrent of knowledge that in the end this is the way it was meant to happen and each person finds the path they were meant to take.

Overall it was a joy to read and I will be looking for book 2! ( )
1 vote Elly88 | Apr 4, 2017 |
To the North was a village on top of a hill.
Annabelle closed her eyes and recited the end of the tale from memory. “And when we die the birds return to carry our souls away. As we grip tightly to their backs and fly over the world, the wind strips away all the sadness and shadow and pain from our lives, until all that’s left of us is joy from the edge of everything.”
Perhaps because people paid it too little attention during the day, and forgot about it at night, but the sun always seemed determined to make its presence known in the last moments before its daily death. Each evening people squinted beneath a blanket of sunblood, their shielded stinging eyes the sacrifice the sun demanded for its light and warming rays.
Hetti looked at the shadows cast by the setting sun. “I’m surprised the dark would dare visit your wood, Annabelle Knopp. If I were a shadow I should be afraid to cross paths with you.”
“There’s always been happiness, always been sadness. Always been love, and loss, and fear, and hope. All that changes are the reasons people tell themselves these things exist.”

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

K. H. Leigh's book To the North was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

K. H. Leigh is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,153,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible