To the North (The Villages Book 1) by K. H.…

To the North (The Villages Book 1) (2015)

by K. H. Leigh

Good old fashion storytelling at it's best!

Author K.H. Leigh is a wonder at weaving stories within a story. Myths and legends were tied in so seamlessly that you were never lost from where you were in the main plot. In fact these "bedtime stories" held the answers to the quandaries that her characters faced and ties everything together for the reader. "To the North" is a easy but intriguing bedtime story full of bedtime stories. ( )
1 vote mtchrista | Apr 14, 2017 |
Such a great read to start 2017. ( )
1 vote MariusFlorentin | Apr 7, 2017 |
This was my first time reading the works of K.H. Leigh and I was not disappointed. This author is able to create a story that flows with such speed that the twists and turns in the plot seem natural and you cant believe you didn't see it coming from the beginning.

I absolutely love these characters and I am so glad this this is only book one of the series because i can't get enough of this little village.

The continuity of the stories within stories bring a wholesome feeling to the book. Every turn in this book has parts that make you hold your breath in anticipation of what will happen next, but with the undercurrent of knowledge that in the end this is the way it was meant to happen and each person finds the path they were meant to take.

Overall it was a joy to read and I will be looking for book 2! ( )
1 vote Elly88 | Apr 4, 2017 |
Not Kindle Unlimited, pretty sure thru LibraryThing free please review this of own free will blah blah. Said somewhere 'anthology' but somewhere says 1 of 2 so not sure how many total. Not sure if my granddaughter {she's older} would enjoy it, as in at her age but maybe later, was interesting story. ( )
  Key_Largo | Apr 4, 2017 |
This was a pleasant surprise to me. An original fantasy that was fresh and interesting. ( )
2 vote lesaneace | Mar 2, 2017 |
To the North was a village on top of a hill.
Annabelle closed her eyes and recited the end of the tale from memory. “And when we die the birds return to carry our souls away. As we grip tightly to their backs and fly over the world, the wind strips away all the sadness and shadow and pain from our lives, until all that’s left of us is joy from the edge of everything.”
Perhaps because people paid it too little attention during the day, and forgot about it at night, but the sun always seemed determined to make its presence known in the last moments before its daily death. Each evening people squinted beneath a blanket of sunblood, their shielded stinging eyes the sacrifice the sun demanded for its light and warming rays.
Hetti looked at the shadows cast by the setting sun. “I’m surprised the dark would dare visit your wood, Annabelle Knopp. If I were a shadow I should be afraid to cross paths with you.”
“There’s always been happiness, always been sadness. Always been love, and loss, and fear, and hope. All that changes are the reasons people tell themselves these things exist.”

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,901,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible