The Rogue (Highland Brides #2) by Allison…

The Rogue (Highland Brides #2)

by Allison Butler

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byCelticBookDragon, CathyGeha

No tags.

Scottish Highlands, June 1404

Adair was 4 yrs old when he was abandoned in the lowlands by his mother. He is on a year long leave from clan duties to search for where he came from when he is beaten and dumped on Keila's doorstep.
Keila Fearn's mother died in childbirth so for first 10 years of her life she is shuffled around to various family members homes. She is fiercely independent and determined to be self sufficient.
The wonderful secondary characters add to the enjoyment of this story. Moira is determined to keep Keila on the straight and narrow so she'll not end up with a broken heart. Rory comes to help the ladies around the manor and is the sweetest ol man you'd ever want to know.
This is one of those books that gives you a hangover. I absolutely loved it. It is well written and I fell in love with the Adair and Keila in the first chapter. The story did have some slow parts but the plot twists (that I never saw coming) more than made up for it. It is has lots of intrigue and suspense and I would recommend this book to anyone that reads Highland Romance.
*** I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review through Netgalley.com***
  CelticBookDragon | Apr 12, 2017 |
The Rogue by Allison Butler
Highland Brides #2

Not having known before I started reading this book I soon had a feeling it was part of a series and am glad to find out it is indeed part of the Highland Brides series by Allison Butler. It seems a number of men in service to the Elliott Clan on the Borders have been given a year to find out who their families are. Duff has his story told in book 1 (I did not read it) and I have just read Adair’s story in book 2. Adair’s story is able to stand alone and a fun quick read.

Adair is battered by unknown assailants and then left on the doorstep of Keila, a healer and the owner of Drummin House. She has Moira at her side and also a friend in Rory who comes daily to help her. Leith is the bad guy and oh so easy to dislike. Both Leith and Adair are bastards of the same father and though they have never met before there is no love lost between them once they do meet.

There is action, romance, description of all the work required in 1404 Scotland and deep friendships explored between the characters. There is also romance between Adair and Keila.

This is an enjoyable story for those readers who enjoy historical romances set in Scotland and I would like to thank NetGalley and Escape Publishing for the ARC. This is my honest review.

4 Stars. ( )
  CathyGeha | Dec 1, 2016 |

A charming rogue, a woman with responsibilities, a highland romance you won't forget...Lowlander Adair has more charm and wit than any one man has a right to, despite being abandoned by his mother when only four. Granted one year's leave from his duties to the Elliot Clan, Adair travels to the Highlands in search of kith and kin, enjoying whichever women catch his eye along the way. But no one can hold him, and he always leaves the next morning. Until he is beaten senseless and wakes to find his wounds being tended by a red-headed, emerald-eyed beauty who has him questioning his roguish ways.Orphaned at birth, Keila Fearn spent her early years being shuffled from one relative to the next. But at the age of ten, Keila's greatest wish is granted when she is given Drummin House by Euphemia I, Countess of Ross, a woman she has never met. The only rule? She can never wed, or the house will revert back to the Earl of Buchan. The idea of marriage has never appealed, so Keila works hard to remain self-sufficient and does everything possible to keep her home. She is content with her life and needs nothing more, until the battered stranger left on her doorstep shows her that a home is nothing without a heart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,544,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible