Paw Prints: The True Story of a Three-Pawed…

Paw Prints: The True Story of a Three-Pawed Dog

by Steven F. Freeman

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byHostie13

No tags.

This delightful children’s story is narrated by Nicky, a three-pawed dog hoping to find a forever home. (Synopsis below)

I have heard criticism of animal stories told from the animal’s point of view but I totally disagree. I believe children connect more to the message and relate to the animal’s experience.

This is definitely the case with Paw Prints. It is not only a wonderful children’s story but explains to the reader what an unwanted puppy might experience emotionally. The story is well balanced with happy and sad moments and there is nothing in the story that would distress a child.

Yes, there is a happy ending.

It also teaches, not only children, but any dog owner or potential dog owner the needs of dogs such as the need to have an opportunity to run free for toys or activities when home alone as well as the importance of routines and understanding dog body language. So much in a simple, short story.

I am looking forward to being able to purchase a print edition of Paw Prints for my future grandchild.

I unhesitatingly give Paw Prints a 5* rating. ( )
  Hostie13 | Dec 1, 2016 |

Steven F. Freeman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,804,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible