The Ancestor Game by Alex Miller

The Ancestor Game

by Alex Miller

Really looked forward to reading another one of Alex Millers books after reading Lovesong which I really enjoyed, but I just couldn't get into this one. It started with the promise of being a good read but I just found it too disjointed so I did something I rarely do, I gave up. I've just started on his book Journey to the Stone Country which so far is great, all is not lost! ( )
  shmicho | Jul 5, 2011 |
Could have been good. Interesting characters and storyline but why so complex? Changing narrator and time in history so many times it all just got confused and this reader gave up. ( )
  siri51 | May 26, 2011 |
I was really looking forward to reading this, after thoroughly enjoying Alex Miller's Journey To The Stone Country earlier this year. Unfortunately, I lost the thread of who was who and what exactly (if anything) was going on and never fully regained it. If I were a more patient reader and better at keeping similar characters straight in my head, I might return to The Ancestor Game. As it is, I will ignorantly and happily move on to read Miller's less complex novels. ( )
  whirled | Oct 3, 2010 |

Piecing together the puzzle of exiled artist, Lang Tzu, last of a wealthy Chinese lineage, writer Steven Muir finds himself caught in a strange and haunted landscape. Both know the solitude of the only child and the poignancy of the relationship with parents, but beneath is a twisted past. Winner of Miles Franklin Award 1993.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible