The Ancestor Game by Alex Miller

The Ancestor Game

by Alex Miller

This has not grabbed me so far. I keep saying I will go back to it, but then after another few pages, I pick up an alternative book to read. I have so many books on my reading list and have decided not to persevere in the hope there is better to come. Confusing, disjointed.....tedious. ( )
  PriscillaM | Aug 29, 2016 |
Disjointed; such a disappointment ( )
  Faradaydon | Dec 22, 2014 |
Really looked forward to reading another one of Alex Millers books after reading Lovesong which I really enjoyed, but I just couldn't get into this one. It started with the promise of being a good read but I just found it too disjointed so I did something I rarely do, I gave up. I've just started on his book Journey to the Stone Country which so far is great, all is not lost! ( )
  shmicho | Jul 5, 2011 |
Could have been good. Interesting characters and storyline but why so complex? Changing narrator and time in history so many times it all just got confused and this reader gave up. ( )
  siri51 | May 26, 2011 |
I was really looking forward to reading this, after thoroughly enjoying Alex Miller's Journey To The Stone Country earlier this year. Unfortunately, I lost the thread of who was who and what exactly (if anything) was going on and never fully regained it. If I were a more patient reader and better at keeping similar characters straight in my head, I might return to The Ancestor Game. As it is, I will ignorantly and happily move on to read Miller's less complex novels. ( )
  whirled | Oct 3, 2010 |

Hilarious read for juniors as Keith tries to change his mum and dad. Sequel to ?orry worts'.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,980,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible