Waking in Time by Angie Stanton

Waking in Time

by Angie Stanton

183561,019 (4)None

The first thing that drew me to this book was that it was for teens and involved time travel. After reading the summary, I knew I was going to love this book. And I did. Although some spelling errors got me a little confused "grandfather" instead of "great-grandfather", I was still able to follow it and felt like I was on a journey back in time. I found myself wanting Abbi and Will to stay together. Great book. Loved it! ( )
  StarlieLC | Apr 20, 2018 |
Fun read! Quick and captivating. I enjoy time travel. This one didn't spend much time on the paradoxes of time travel or on one's ability to change the future. It had a bit of romance and a bit of mystery all happily resolved. A good escape. Not too taxing. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for giving me an advance copy in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  njcur | Jan 24, 2017 |
This book reminded me a little of the Time Travelers Wife, in that Abbi keeps jutting back into time while Will travels forward. Two star crossed lovers never knowing if or when they will meet again.. As they try to communicate through time they also enlist the help of a physics professor whose mission is to help them find each other again and stop them from traveling. Abbi is also on a mission to find out what happened to a baby that her grandmother asked her about on when she was dying.

Remembering that this is a YA book I found it to be fairly well written and captivating. This book takes you through time, giving you glimpses into the past through the eyes of a modern day girl. I love how she has to learn to adapt her behavior and dress to fit the time period. It is a great way to get a small lesson on what it was like to be a teenager in different eras.

I was sucked into this book from the first page and couldn't get enough of it. ( )
  ReadingGrrl | Dec 2, 2016 |

Abbi Thorp is in mourning for her beloved grandmother when she arrives at the University of Wisconsin for her freshman year, but when she wakes up in her dorm room she finds herself transported to 1983--and that is only the beginning of a trip back in time that exposes her to some of the secrets in her family's past, and to a fellow time traveler named Colton.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,475,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible