DC COMICS REBIRTH SUICIDE SQUAD #7 2016 by…

DC COMICS REBIRTH SUICIDE SQUAD #7 2016

by Rob Williams

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byadrisl, All_Hail_Grimlock

Killer Croc has sex in this one
9:06 am 1 December 2016
Suicide Squad (2016-) #7 - Leonard Bacon;Joseph Parrish Thompson;Richard Salter Storrs;Henry Ward Beecher;Joshua Leavitt;Henry Chandler Bowen;Theodore Tilton;William Hayes Ward;Hamilton Holt;Harold de Wolf Fuller;Fabian Franklin;Christian Archibald Herter, Alex Sinclair, Scott Willia
And it's a little surprising to me. Mostly because the story wasn't really going that way, and while they don't get graphic it's just he's... Okay, it's not the size or that skin even. He's so mean to everyone. And while he has a backstory that makes this understandable, I can also see how this would create conflicting needs. He doesn't expect anyone can stomach him, much less love him and he wants to keep himself safe - thus the meanness and the keeping everyone at bay.

And then he wants to be loved, pretty desperately. The fact that the abuse he suffered was so constant and unyielding that he became a monster isn't surprising either. And I'm not talking about the so called 'bullying' of someone disagreeing with you or even calling you out for your sexist and racist bullshit. I'm talking about being spat on and physically abused for looking so different that I've seen him described as a hybrid/half-crocodile half-man.

This one panel meant a lot to me, although more so when you look at what happens next. I'm finding Killer Croc to be more and more of a sympathetic character, and I'm really enjoying his part in this. It's all small moments with him that really draw me to his character.

Harley Quinn is still sane and the safety of the world is in her hands. She just has to get through the rest of the Suicide Squad...

An old, dead friend makes an appearance.

And June Moon and the Enchantress take over for the backstory. I'm still loving these, and this one surprised me. I don't like Moon or Enchantress that much, but I'm starting to after this issue. Because Moon is way more kick ass than I gave her credit for, and this tale started out pretty standard comic book fare. I was sure I knew where it was going.

It quickly became and stayed creepy - and just got creepier.

And I loved every minute. Gorgeously illustrated, both the main storyline and the backstory. Eagerly waiting for the next issue!
Graphic Novel DC harley quinn Suicide Squad favorite character i ship this read in 2016 deadshot killer croc ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,545,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible