Forever a Soldier (Always a Cowboy, Book…

Forever a Soldier (Always a Cowboy, Book One)

by Genevieve Turner

711,138,814 (4.25)None

Forever a Soldier by Genevieve Turner
Always a Cowboy #1

Such a good book! Genevieve Turner manages to bring stories to life through believable characters and plots and this new series is one I am definitely looking forward to reading!

Hank is a recluse – a hermit – a man who avoids even his family – so when his cousin and head of the family tells him that he will be in charge of overseeing a PhD student doing research using the history archives he is in charge of he is challenged in new ways. How will he “maintain” and “deal” and get along? As a veteran he is getting help for his problems through the VA but will that be enough?

Lale Pehlivan, an immigrant from Turkey and PhD student, is eager to get into the letters written by Hank’s ancestors. She has a theory and believes she might find out something that will make her doctorate a done deal and perhaps provide fodder for a book or even a movie – if she can find that one key piece of information.

Neither Hank nor Lale want a relationship that is casual and don’t see a future together since they are so very different with future goals that are so very dissimilar. That said, they have a difficult time keeping their hands off of one another. The interactions between the two are special and caring and a delight, though painful at times, to read. I have to say that I thought of sharing this book with a family member who has Hank’s “problem” because this book made me so much more aware and thoughtful and understanding.

I loved this book and hope you will, too. Thank you to the author for the ARC. This is my honest review.

5 Stars

NOTE: for a family tree that might be helpful – check out: https://i2.wp.com/www.genturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/FamilyTree1.jpg ( )
  CathyGeha | Dec 3, 2016 |

Genevieve Turner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,384,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible