Blacklist by Alyson Noël

Blacklist

by Alyson Noël

Series: Beautiful Idols (2)

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion of the book or my review itself.

Picking up where the first book in the series left off, there is a presumed murder to solve, a celebrity's past to unlock, and a friend who needs their innocence proven.

This is such a fun, well-done young adult mystery series. I really like that Noel manages to keep the momentum from the first book going without losing steam, and while continuing the mystery in a way that makes sense and flows well.

The characters are complex, and their relationships are compelling. I especially enjoy how well Noel has kept characters that could have been so one-dimensional so human instead.

There really isn't anything not to like about this series. It reminds me of Pretty Little Liars back in its heyday when the books were still full of strong mysteries and unique characters. I would have liked to have more of the mystery solved, but that's just because the mystery is so good that I want to know more as soon as possible.

I definitely recommend this series. They are quick, fun reads that will suck you in and leave you wanting to read more. ( )
  seasonsoflove | Apr 24, 2017 |

Alyson Noëlprimary authorall editionscalculated
Garcia, KylaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Internationally bestselling author Alyson Noel is back with Blacklist, the second book in her Beautiful Idols series, where celebrity worship becomes a dark and dangerous game. A glizy guilty pleasure read for mystery novel addcits and fans of the Pretty Little Liars books and TV show.

Wannabe reporter Layla, aspiring actress Aster, and fledgling musician Tommy joined the Unrivaled nightclub competition for the same reason—they knew winning it would change their lives. They just never imagined that somewhere along the way they’d become entangled in the disappearance of mega starlet Madison Brooks.

Banding together to clear their names, the fierce adversaries become temporary allies and vow to dig up the truth. But when Layla, Aster, Tommy team up with an unsuspecting insider, they will find that some secrets are best kept in the grave.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:27:40 -0500)

"Wannabe reporter LAYLA, aspiring actress ASTER, and fledgling musician TOMMY joined the Unrivaled nightclub competition for the same reason--they knew winning it would change their lives. They just never imagined that somewhere along the way they'd become entangled in the disappearance of mega starlet MADISON BROOKS. Now each of them is smack in the center of a media frenzy that threatens to take all of them down. Banding together to clear their names, the fierce adversaries become temporary allies and vow to dig up the truth. But when Layla, Aster, and Tommy team up with an unsuspecting insider, they will find that some secrets are best kept in the grave."--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,145,011 books! | Top bar: Always visible